DAMON858
fmmc0609

Should the death penalty be used for Violent Criminals?

DAMON858 has forfeited round #2.

DAMON858

Pro

Yes, because it is better to kill one person than have that person killing hundreds of innocent people.
fmmc0609

Con

Yes the criminal may be violent, but that is not going to solve anything. In fact it just makes you the same as them because you killed them. Constitutionally it would be correct but morally wrong. Not only that but the death penalty takes forever to pass so putting them to use with hard labor is probably a better option
Posted by DAMON858 8 months ago
DAMON858
I understand what both of you are saying and I agree with you both, but there are plenty of examples that shows how people come out of prison and kill again, so we would need to take action, but using them for test is another good idea because it could help out the community. But I say that if they kill again, that is when we use the death penalty.
Posted by DAMON858 8 months ago
DAMON858
Posted by fmmc0609 8 months ago
fmmc0609
I understand what you are saying and let me tell you i love your viewpoint on this I think it is very good. I wasn't necessarily saying let them rot in jail but let them do excruciating labor. I mean there are plenty of things we could be doing. It is a shame to let such a good subject be killed and put 6ft. under. I believe a better solution is to donate them especially if they are mass murderers to science. We could kill two birds with one stone. For example, replace them in animal testing it solves the animal crisis and is only a fraction of a cost to as you put it to 'kill' them not only then they are benefiting society. It might also set an example to those who think about committing crimes.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 8 months ago
FanboyMctroll
It cost $67,542.32/inmate to house them per year. We can save taxpayer money by just executing them. Also killers do get paroled and released. And they kill again. How would you feel if a killer of someone in your family got released and killed again.

Examples provided (I do get what you are saying, let them rot in jail but I'm just providing other points of view)

http://www.monstersandcritics.com...
Posted by fmmc0609 8 months ago
fmmc0609
Not all people are like that though even though it has happened to someone in their family. I understand your point but you can never account for everyones opinion when it comes down to it killing a person because they killed someone you knew doesn't change the situation- also someone who has killed will more than likely spend life in prison and will never get the chance for parole. Prison may also teach the prisoner a lesson in their its own way as well. If we give death penalty we are allowing them to escape what they have done rather than making them live with it and given time to reflect on it
Posted by FanboyMctroll 8 months ago
FanboyMctroll
I totally agree with DAMON858, anyone who doesn't agree would change their tune real fast if a violent crime or murder happened to someone in their family.