DavidG55
dennisf

Should the drinking age be rasied to 25?

Started: 2/15/2016 Category: Economics

DavidG55

Pro

I think that the drinking age in the U.S. is too low. At 21 you brain is still developing, and 21 is also the age to purchase alcohol, so people in there early 20s will be tempted to drink and drive. Your brain does not stop developing untill you're 25 years of age, and because of that, the drinking age should be raised to 25.
dennisf

Con

No, it should be kept the same, purely from an economical standpoint
DavidG55

Pro

DavidG55 forfeited this round.
dennisf

Con

Excellent points made by pro in this round but I disagree.
DavidG55

Pro

DavidG55 forfeited this round.
dennisf

Con

dennisf forfeited this round.
Posted by Atheer 1 year ago
Atheer
If you think about it, this will just lead more people to drink while under age. Also, what is the government supposed to say to the people of age 21-24. "Oh hey sorry, you can'tn drink anymore. I mean I'm sure you were responsible, but since some of you f**ked up all of you can't drink anymore". I honestly think it should be lowered if anything. Maybe teaching younger generations to drink responsibly earlier than we all would be better off. Lastly, parents allow their kids close to 21 drink anyway and nobody has problems with it. Do you really think a 24 year old living on his/her own has to STILL ask permission to drink? But hey, that's just what I think.
Posted by squonk 1 year ago
squonk
I agree with you. Good luck on your debate.