Bendy2017
SportsProtector

Should the driving age be raised to 21 ?

Bendy2017 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 1/28/2018 Category: Cars

Bendy2017

Con

Some people debate about keeping the driving age at 18, but some also say that it should be raised up to 21, What do you think?
SportsProtector

Pro

I personally do not think it should be raised but I just wanted to say something about it, so I don't think it should be raised but I do think it should be harder to get your driver's license/ permit because I have my drivers license and the written test was to easy. I went their and I didn't even study and passed got my license and left I live in atlanta Georgia which is known for the most terrible drivers ever. They need to be better then you have the argument that they can go to drivers ed I know some people that did that and they drove how they were supposed to drive for a while and then started to get reckless. They started to text and drive, I think the problem is texting so to relieve that problem I think that all the cars should be changed to stick then they wouldn't be able to text
Posted by DebateAllTheWay 4 months ago
DebateAllTheWay
A few things to note:

1. drivers who get their licences at 18 or older do not have to take safety courses that drivers at 16 do
2. This results in drivers starting at 18 to be worse on the road than 16 year olds (scientifically proven 24% worse)
3. The statistics that show more crashes from earlier ages don't account for whether or not the driver started at a younger age or not, as many 18 yr olds and up have already learned to drive much earlier and therefore are not in the learning gap.

Finally, why should responsible teen drivers pay for the mistakes of the few? Obviously they have places and jobs to get to. Otherwise you are impeding upon their growth and furthering the severity of the problem.
Posted by luiscarvajal 5 months ago
luiscarvajal
I think that you can get a driver's license after 18 years, what is needed is that the person is responsible and respectful of others.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 5 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
I disagree.
Posted by Newlaw 5 months ago
Newlaw
Yes I believe it should be 21 as many younger f/m tend to cause many crashes I believe their brain is not fully mutare enough to handle most responsibilities not all teenagers are like that but most yes very child like and should not be driving full stop
Posted by Newlaw 5 months ago
Newlaw
Posted by Youngastronomer 5 months ago
Youngastronomer
I think driving age should be 16.
Posted by levi_smiles 5 months ago
levi_smiles
It"s pretty clear that we are in the final years of the human driver. By the time you grandfathered in a five year adjustment, the point of the adjustment would be generally moot- even 21 year old drivers won"t be wanted or needed.
Posted by Debating_Horse 5 months ago
Debating_Horse
I started driving when I was age 16, I was a responsible driver, and obeyed the rules and had not received any speeding tickets or violations, the following image link is the car I had at that time: http://www.camaro5.com...

I too do not think that it should be raised to twenty one. There are some responsible drivers, even at the age of 16 to 18, just because so many get into trouble or accidents does not mean that people in that age range should be barred from driving. Some actually need to drive to school because of their parents being unable to take them to school due to their work schedules. Also afterschool programs such as sports is among other reasons they should not be barred from having driving privileges, depending on their behavior or mental thinking.