smartgirl4433
ashleyaa123

Should the driving age be raised?

Started: 5/16/2014 Category: Cars

smartgirl4433

Pro

Everyday there are car crashes there is a 7 in 10 chance it has a teen driver involved. Are teens really ready to get behind the wheel?
ashleyaa123

Con

Teens should be able to get behind the wheel because they are mentally ready. Scientists can prove that the average 16 year old has a high enough level of cognitive function and maturity to drive behind the wheel. When we examine the basic teenage brain, you can observe that it is quite mature. There is this negative stigma around teenagers that they are immature and irresponsible. Although this may be true in some cases, these cases are the minority. And second of all, practice makes perfect, right? You can't expect new drivers to perform A grade; you don't expect a new employee to do everything right, do you? It comes with experience. If teens were unable to get their license until 18 then it would be the parents and the states fault for them not being as responsible as they would be if they have gotten it at an earlier age. Driving comes with experience, just as everything else.
smartgirl4433

Pro

Yes, experience is needed don't get me wrong. You can't be expected to get something right the first time around, but obviously the age that teens actually GET their licences needs to be raised. Teen drivers need to be taught that a car is a privilege not a given you need to earn it. They think that they are ready right at 16 and then at 17 being able to have friends in the car with them which adds distraction. If the permit and the licence age is not raised at least the age where they can have friends in the car with them needs to be raised. I know that not all teen drivers are bad drivers, such as my brother he is a really good driver but there is a high amount that doesn't need to be that high of irresponsible drivers.
ashleyaa123

Con

ashleyaa123 forfeited this round.
smartgirl4433

Pro

smartgirl4433 forfeited this round.
ashleyaa123

Con

ashleyaa123 forfeited this round.
smartgirl4433

Pro

I extended my arguments hoping that my opponent will respond.
ashleyaa123

Con

ashleyaa123 forfeited this round.
smartgirl4433

Pro

smartgirl4433 forfeited this round.
ashleyaa123

Con

ashleyaa123 forfeited this round.