Should the driving age be raised?

KawaiiPotatoes has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/6/2017 Category: Cars

I personally believe the driving age should stay the same. One of the reasons why I support this statement is because age isn't what matters in most cases, it's the drivers inexperience. reads," The legal age to receive a commercial drivers license is 18 years old, but most don"t obtain their commercial drivers license until after the age of 21. The most dangerous truck drivers on the road are those with under 2 years of experience, regardless of age. It"s likely that if we simply raise the driving age, we will only shift the "problem drivers" to a higher age bracket." This information is solid proof that age is not the major cause in causing accidents, inexperience is.

In my opinion I think that the driving age should be raised. According to Dr. John Mayer, who lectures at schools on the differences in MRIs of the brains of teens and adults , states that the teenage mind is not fully developed yet until the age of 20-25. This is part of the reason why there are so many accidents involving teenagers.
Posted by rockbb123456 9 months ago
If the driving age gets changed it should never be changed because if a 16 year old wants to get around they would have to ask there parents to drive them around and then the parents will end up not taking teens any were and the teens will keep asking the adult to drive them.
Posted by IzuraKamukura 10 months ago
While it's true teenage drivers lack the experiences. I would like to see you guys address why teenagers might be more prone to accidents. For example, things like alcohol/drugs/ cell phones/ distractions. Do keep in mind even the most experienced drivers have bad days. I would also like to hear, how raising the age actually would work. How would you get people to agree to a change like this? Many parents trust their 16 year old kids to drive... even 17 or 18. By taking away their ability to drive many families would have to change their schedules and lives around that. Simply put, if this argument has the side saying teenage drivers are too young and inexperienced. Then you could argue against the elderly/people in 60's or higher as they are slower/less perceptive/less capable.