winnerdude
The_Crusader

Should the failing grade be 40%/F. That mean 50% is a D.

winnerdude

Con

I think not.The kids need to try harder. A lot of them are sorry. Even if they say were a dumb country, the adults needs to push little. Instead of letting them sit around on Facebook. Or letting them play there Xbox 360 or Playstation. Its there fault that the kids are failing. So when a child parent ask me that question I may go off. They sit around and do absolutely nothing in class. Which makes my job harder than it needs to be. Then the kid parent get mad at me when I don't give them one point to pass. So no the system should stay the same as far as that is concerned.
The_Crusader

Pro

First I would like to welcome my opponent, winnerdude, to debate.org. I hope this is a good debate and I give many thanks for you starting it. To clarify, I will first attack some arguments presented by my opponent while proceeding to construct my case.

First, a contradiction: "The kids need to try harder" " Its there [the adults] fault that the kids are failing." Ergo, to clarify whose perspective we are valuing in this debate, I ask my opponent specify in his next speech whose blame it is, or both.

Second, my opponent says that there are several problems evident in adults' attempts(or lack thereof) to help their children. "the adults needs to push little. Instead of letting them sit around on Facebook. Or letting them play there Xbox360 or Playstation. Its there fault that the kids are failing." To summarize, my opponent suggest parents aren't helping enough. Therefore, we must ask: why aren't the parents helping? The answer: the present system skews failure to mimic success, inherently making it more difficult on the parents to help and less likely the children will succeed.

Next he asserts: "They sit around and do absolutely nothing in class." I can contest that, from personal experience, Being off task in class reflects upon the children themselves, particularly their drive to succeed. For many, particularly those disenfranchised enough to be raised in less affluent neighborhoods, have difficulty summoning such confidence because of the glaring impossibility of the monumental task of getting a good grade. Therefore the problem with the drive of students to succeed lies in their ability to motivate themselves due to the current system.

Because of all of this, I suggest a reformation of the current grading system. This is because it has, time and time again, proved to provoke more issues than not. The current system alienates students with learning disabilities as well as those unfortunate enough to not recognize the significance of education. However, such issues CAN be averted, it simply takes a system that permits students to continue to push themselves while simultaneously not being overwhelmed by such(relatively) towering tasks. Ergo the solution to the issues addressed above^ can be mitigated with the simple solution of making the passing grade be a 40% and a 'D' be a 50%.

Once again, I thank my opponent for his time, the reader for their time, and am enthusiastically awaiting a good debate!
winnerdude

Con

winnerdude forfeited this round.
The_Crusader

Pro

Extend my arguments. If you want to shorten the debate by one round, i'm fine with that.
winnerdude

Con

winnerdude forfeited this round.
The_Crusader

Pro

Extend all my arguments. Vote AFF!!!
Posted by YYW 5 years ago
YYW
I was always taught that anything less than 90% should be considered failure. Although, I find that on most tests if you can't get a 95%-100% then you are just lazy, stupid or both.