LunatisLibect
PhoenixFireE3

Should the furry fandom be looked down upon or banned?

LunatisLibect

Con

I know that I should be starting with saying why the furry fandom should not be looked down upon or banned. But I wish to see what my opponent has to say about this topic first. So please, do tell why you think the furry fandom should be looked down upon or banned. I would love to see your point of view on this.
PhoenixFireE3

Pro

I'm kind of in between when it comes to the furry fandom being looked down upon. Should it be banned? Absolutely not. It really is impossible to ban a fandom that has a lot of loving people, so I'd say no for banning. But should it be looked down upon...

The thing is, most fandoms (brony, whovian, otaku, etc.) are looked down upon because they are "different" than a normal person. Some people from one fandom might look down upon another and say that it's weird, and vice versa. As someone who has never gone to a con or meet up before, from what I've seen around the internet(the good side of it) I would say this fandom is no weirder or far out there as most others.

Let's compare the furry fandom to another fandom, the Otaku's. They obviously watch a lot of anime/read a lot of manga. If you think about it, someone who doesn't know anything about either of these fandoms I guarantee would say that Otaku's are the weirder fandom. Why? Because they watch "Japanese cartoons" and some people will think they are childish or just sit and watch a t..v. show all day, and do nothing else. To a normal person, that's really weird. Furry's on the other hand, at first glance, are just people that have an obsession for animals. Weird, yes. Acceptable? yeah, would think so.

I think the only reason people really "hate" furry's is because of all the stupid things people post on the internet that's "cringe worthy" and that makes society think we are all like those people who are just stupid. Of course every fandom has there "special" people that make the fandom look stupid or cringe-y, but there's nothing you can actually do about that.

So final answers. Should they be banned? no. That would be counter-productive.
Should they be looked down upon? It all depends on who you are and how you view the fandom. In some instances, yeah they should be, but that's only because their are stupid people. For the most part, no I don't think they should be.
LunatisLibect

Con

I would have to agree with you on this one my good sir. All people believe about the fandom is the sexual part of it. Which I find rather... Oh what is the word... I find it rather rude and selfish about their views. All because that is what they see. I also agree with your point about not being banned. If people bans the fandom then that would be a direct violation of the freedom of speech. I know that this may not be relevant but the definition of free speech, from a famous scholar Mr. Volokh who was seen on Fox News, and to basically sum it up. You can do anything you want as long as it does not physically affect another human.

Also I would like to add that the furry fandom plays a massive role in our society today. Not the yiff (The sound of a fox having sex or in this case the porn side of the furry fandom) part of the fandom. But with the conventions, cartoons, games, and many many other objects, physical or virtual. That is the part the people do not see. Which again, it is just wrong to assume that is all the fandom is about. But to take a broader look at things, if you combine all the fandoms perversion and compare it to the anime perversion. It does not even compare to the Anime fandom.

But with the fact that it being looked down upon, I can see that. People can think what they think but we cannot change the view and opinions of them. But what bothers me the most is that many people take it to the extreme with their hate towards us. I do hope to hear back from you shortly

~Lunatis
PhoenixFireE3

Pro

PhoenixFireE3 forfeited this round.
LunatisLibect

Con

LunatisLibect forfeited this round.
PhoenixFireE3

Pro

PhoenixFireE3 forfeited this round.
LunatisLibect

Con

LunatisLibect forfeited this round.
PhoenixFireE3

Pro

PhoenixFireE3 forfeited this round.
LunatisLibect

Con

LunatisLibect forfeited this round.
PhoenixFireE3

Pro

PhoenixFireE3 forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
... This is a debate, not a poll. You're supposed to argue. It seems like you both are on the same side. LunaticLibect may be new to this website (or just debating in general), but... yeah. But your agreeing with the opponent. If I'm correct, this (might, I'm not too sure) counts as a concession/forfeit. (maybe not)