Connorcrennan
Mister_Man

Should the government have the right to take our organs when dead, for better use?

Connorcrennan

Con

The government should and will not have any rights to the persons body
Mister_Man

Pro

Oh dammit 60 minute rounds I didn't notice until I accepted... well I'll make my argument here and get back to you at least once more. Sorry in advance for the upcoming forfeiture...

When we are dead, we have no feeling. We have no thoughts. We have no perception of anything. Our body rots away anyway, and if we are cremated, it burns to a dust - unused, and unable to advance technology or our ideas on human biology at all.

This should go without saying, but yes, the doctors will make sure you really are dead before they cut your guts out.

A common question I hear regarding this subject is that if you are a known donor, medical staff assigned to you won't work as hard at saving your life. This is just not true, doctors are paid (and their jobs are strictly) to ensure your health and well-being. They won't cause you death to save someone else's life or to advance our technology, study biology, etc. If all deceased people were studied, the doctors wouldn't favour one over the other anyway.

Religion shouldn't even be an issue - you're dead, you won't mind. And if your soul is in Heaven, you shouldn't care what happens to your physical body you inhabited while on Earth.

If you think you're too young for doctors to take your organs... you're dead; it doesn't matter. Studying younger, less developed organs can lead to a major increase in biological findings, which can possibly advance medicine, or ways to notice early signs of diseases.

You won't have to worry about open-casket funerals, as you will be dressed and no scarring will be visible. You won't be thrown into a coffin with the last six inches of your lower intestine flopping around like a dog's tongue.

You're scared? That's fine, we can convince you to think your organs won't be donated, but they will be when you're dead and you would never know, because hey - you're dead.

Transplanting may be a costly procedure, but the benefits really outweigh the price tag... saving a life is a bit more important than spending some cash.

Your title is kind of... giving a good point against you. For better use. That should read "for use," as you're dead and your organs will either rot away or be burnt to a crisp if the doctors don't take them and use them. We can advance the human race, better understand human biology, possibly produce better vaccinations, further understand diseases, transplant organs in people with failing organs, maintain human life, re-use healthy organs, but the main point is that transplanting organs can be life saving. If you're dead, you can save someone else's life, and you wouldn't feel a thing, except the satisfaction of knowing you can possibly save multiple lives and advance our technology and medication greatly.

I apologize again for not being able to partake in the next round, I understand I should have read over the rules more in depth.

Here's a great thing to read regarding organ donation [1].

Thanks for creating this debate, I will get back to you as soon as I can! And good luck in the next round(s).

[1] https://www.nhmrc.gov.au...
Connorcrennan

Con

Connorcrennan forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Pro

Mister_Man forfeited this round.
Connorcrennan

Con

Connorcrennan forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Pro

Mister_Man forfeited this round.
Connorcrennan

Con

Connorcrennan forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Pro

Alright I'm back! Might as well conclude with one point.

The one main thing I can think of that would be against organ "donation" would be the idea that it seems like the government can do what ever they want.

Well, this can easily be disputed by explaining that the use of your organs will not only save lives (plural) but it will benefit science, medicine, society, and technology. I've explained this before too, and unfortunately you didn't present any arguments so I can't really dispute anything.

Thanks for making this debate, but it's too bad neither of us could really make it. I know how annoying it is seeing a great debate topic and have almost no debate.

Also, I'm incredibly tired, so I will now sleep and wake up tomorrow and regret typing up such a short conclusion.

Good night.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Well I guess 60 minute rounds are not good if neither person can respond within that time. I seem to keep coming back 20 minutes after my round has expired. Hopefully I'll make the last one.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Well if you forfeited because I did, thanks. If not, then... you shouldn't have made it an hour response time, lol
Posted by hamo94 2 years ago
hamo94
Good topic, but 60 mins? wtf??
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
why the 60 minute rounds? You mad BRO?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Can't imagine the dead guy cares all that much.