a-tru.american
TyroneShelton

Should the government obey the law our founding fathers set before them?

TyroneShelton

a-tru.american

Pro

I come from a very patriotic Christian back ground, born in a naval hospital of the USMC, my father merited many medals from the Vietnam war!! I was raised by the truth of America and what America stands for!!! And why I am here!! This has been happening a lot, our RIGHTS are being taking away, left and right, under our feet without the knowledge from this government!! This is supposed to be a TRUE American nation that from the beginning, IS based upon Christianity!! The government loves to contort, and twist the facts of what our founding fathers wrote! Then ignore what is to there dislike!! The government officials have takin a vow with God almighty!!! Just to get into office!! troubling, for those who defend such actions from the very people who by law must be Christian!!! They only speak of God when the country is in turmoil? A lot of issues up for debate, needs no debate!! If our government officials and supreme courts obey the law on witch it is founded on, we wouldn't have as many problems... There are people that live here in the USA that have no religious background? This land was dedicated to God, like Israel dedicated the land to God, we are the only 2 countries that have totally dedicated the land, and each state of the USA to God!! It is written!!! The more control we give to the government the more power you give to them, it will undoubtedly turn into a World that you don't want! My family has shed there blood, lost their life, some came home with missing limbs, and others came home intact! They and all other services members of any branch of our military service, have been fighting and dying for your freedom and mine!! So that it keeps our enemies at bay, so that the war is not in our backyard, or on U.S. soil!!! It makes me sick, that our "trust worthy " government picks what they like out of what our USA stands for? But on the other hand, they ignore what they don't like? They took a oath with God to get into office, and to do the right thing.
TyroneShelton

Con

I think we need to steer this argument a bit. Youre saying they need to be Christian to be in office? Well youre arguing the wrong side then. You see the constitution says that your religion can not bar you from holding office. It also defines freedom of religion, and it doesnt even mention God.
a-tru.american

Pro

You like many are overdue for a history lesson
TyroneShelton

Con

Treaty of Tripoli, read up my friend
a-tru.american

Pro

Please friend, go back and look at what Washington says, everything is about christaity, I'm not surprised that many Americans don't know the history of our land, or the flag, as to the blue in our flag stands for heaven.
TyroneShelton

Con

No, the blue symbolizes vigilance, perseverance, and justice. In fact the colors didnt have a specific meaning when the flag was made.

Source: http://www.usconsulate.org.hk...
a-tru.american

Pro

Friend listen... The flag was born, June 14,1777 in Philadelphia, her 13 stripes stand for liberty and equality for all, her blue is the blue of HEAVEN, loyalty and faith! The stars, I'm sure you know represent our states, I can go on and on, with the facts...yes sir!! There's a big meaning when it comes to our flag, btw, all Christianity faith based..
TyroneShelton

Con

Source Please
a-tru.american

Pro

That source is from, USAFlag.org: website dedicated to the flag of the United States. Back to the subject at hand, please friend read, the articles of confederation, it's a long read, but well worth it! I see your a young adult, and this is exactly what I mean by, " I'm not surprised that you, and many others don't know about the true history of our country " and why I brought up this debate. Your a young person, please take warning on what our government really says and does! Even as a child growing up here in the USA, I was always around the adults listening to grown folks talk!! They spoke of our RIGHTS being taken away, as I grew older I still heard the same things, and lived it, my dad passed away 1 year ago tomorrow! Not that it matters to anyone, but what my dad and grandfather had been talking about was and is very true... Over many years it is the modernized government that has changed our TRUE FREEDOM FOUNDED! They pick what they like, and use it, for instance, 9/11, Bush, and other government officials speak of God!!! They quote a scripture from the bible, Isaiah 9/10, with that said, if they knew what they were talking about, then they would know what they had just said: "the bricks have fallen, but we will rebuild, so on so forth, if they knew what that scripture ment, they would have NEVER quoted that particular one? As to that scripture is a judgement against the nation, for turning our backs on GOD!! It is basically telling God we don't need you!! as ancient Israel did!! That's just one point here. especially for our young youth growing up on this land! As you research, the government has twisted what was and still is written!! They take what they like, and use it!! what's to there dislike, they give a modernized enlightened STORY! That's what our young adults and some USA adults don't even know....sad, that our young adults are in a really bad position, when it comes to our government, as you grow older, you WILL see your rights being taken away.
TyroneShelton

Con

Lol, USAflag.org... DOES NOT EXIST. As for the articles of confederation, they arent the law of the land. And they failed too. The US, ironically, was the country to turn its back on the Christian God and adopt a secular state. And look how that worked out for us. It is too ironic that the countries with separation of religion and government, are the countries doing the best right now.

Anyways, the fact that you had to lie about that source should be a forfeit in itself. It is pathetic that you must lie to defend your "truth"
Posted by TyroneShelton 2 years ago
TyroneShelton
I like that source ;)
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
Not sure if this guy is trolling or not.

"Please friend, go back and look at what Washington says, everything is about christaity, "

I didn't know everything about America was decided by Washington. Anyway, this isn't even true. GW was a fan of religious freedom

"If they are good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa or Europe; they may be Mahometans, Jews, Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists.... "
http://www.infoplease.com...

Pro probably learned all his history from David Barton.
Posted by Couchsessel 2 years ago
Couchsessel
I'd recommend you to use paragraphs for better readability.

Also, just because some people, however wise and deserving they might have been decided something more than a century in the past (which by the way they did evidently not), does not mean that it still holds true today.
Posted by planck 2 years ago
planck
This doesn't seem like it should be much of a debate inasmuch as the constitution specifically prohibits any religious test for government officeholders. It also makes no mention of God or Christianity anywhere in it's text.
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
Furthermore, America wasn't founded on Christianity

"The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion."
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
Some founding fathers would actually disagree with you. Jefferson wanted the constitution to be rewritten every 19 years

"Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right"
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Blade-of-Truth
a-tru.americanTyroneSheltonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both had spotty conduct throughout, neither really took it too far though, thus this stands as a tie. S&G - Tie. Both had some minor spelling and grammatical issues, but again, neither really stood out, thus this is a tie. Arguments - Con. Pro had some misplaced arguments within this debate. For the most part, I don't see what they had to do with the resolution, especially in R1. However, Con attempted to steer it back on topic and pointed out some errors in Pro's approach. They then had a small back n' forth before Pro utilized a non-existent website to support a point that really had nothing, again, to do with the resolution. Con then, again, showed the faults in this and called for his faulty source to be taken into consideration. Taking all this into account, I believe Con won whatever arguments were made here today, based solely on the fact that Pro failed to rebut anything with substance. Sources - Con. Pro relied on faulty sources.