NKJVPrewrather
Undulating_Myelin

Should the government stop poisioning the food, water, and medication supply?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #4.

NKJVPrewrather

Pro

I say yes. Floride is a major ingredient of prozac, why are they put it in the water, meds, and toothpaste.
Undulating_Myelin

Con

If the verb "poisoning" here implies the inclusion of fluoride, then the inclusion in medication is irrelevant. Fluori(ne/de), when chemically bonded within a medication is not fluoride. The affirmative argument has already stated that fluoride is an "ingredient" in Prozac, one of the brand names for the SSRI fluoxetine, which produces notable improvement in various mental illnesses https://en.wikipedia.org.... Why does the government "poison" medicine with fluoride then? To my knowledge, the pharmaceuticals industry is making medications, not the government. Fluoride is not an "ingredient" in fluoxetine, (with this logic you could argue that one shouldn't drink water because hydrogen is also in hydrogen peroxide) but it may be involved in its chemical synthesis. Next question: why is this "poison" in our drinking water and toothpaste? The answer is simple and well-reputed, it's good for out teeth: https://www.webmd.com...
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

How disrespectful of my right to free speech. Anyway, the government does not have the right to fluridate me for any reason. This is my body. I don't drink water for this reason. I don';t want fluride in MY body.
Undulating_Myelin

Con

The fluoride in water, in toothpaste, and "in" medications, would serve you and your health well, see my previously cited source. If you do not want to drink fluoridated water, brush with fluoridated toothpaste, or use medications made with fluorine (where the fluorine is slowing their degradation to your benefit), you don't have to. The government may be trying to reduce everyone's tooth decay, but they aren't forcing you to consume fluoridated water.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Ehat a good little sheeo. Hydrofluocalycic acid or fluride is poisin. The Nazis fluridated the Germans. Do your research.
Undulating_Myelin

Con

I do not know by what bastardization of chemistry you claim that "hydrofluocalycic acid" is equal to fluoride, if that is even what you are trying to express. Anything is poison in large enough quantities. Drink enough water, you'll dilute your blood and die. Oxygen poisoning, anyone? Or for the other major element in air, how about the "bends," the bane of deep divers? And no, "Nazis did X, X is bad" is not a valid argument. I will not do "my" research, you will do your research that you need to win this debate, or otherwise convince me. This is called the burden of proof, one of the bastions against an intellectual Dark Age. The affirmative argument must prove their point and provide evidence; an argument without evidence can be dismissed without evidence, see Hitchen's Razor. You are making the claim that the government should not fluoridate water, toothpaste, and medicine, but your reasoning is faulty and evidence absent. I can therefore dismiss your argument promptly, and easily.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 6 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Undulating_Myelin If you have to forfeit round #3, it is not your fault.