manzy47
Isabelle-Rose

Should the legal age limit for driving be increased to 18?

manzy47

Pro

Hypothesis:

We believe the legal age limit for driving should be 18 years old in order to reduce the number of accidents on the road and make sure new drivers are more mature when they begin their driving career?

Do you agree?
Please can you state your age and gender as this will help my survey evaluation.
Arguments for and against welcome
Isabelle-Rose

Con

Today's argument is basically stating that the legal driving age should be raised to the age of 18. I strongly disagree for the following contentions:
A) Highschool students should have to ability to get to and from work/school
B) Some college students wouldn't even be able to drive/commute
C) Changing the age won't solve the problem with care accidents

I look forward to debating you and diving into this topic vividly. Just to let you know, I am a high school student so I am speaking not only for the side of the youth but for the common majority.
manzy47

Pro

You have raised some good points, however if we look at the arguments for raising the legal limits I can mention the following:

- Drivers will be more mature which will aid concentration and road awareness
- I think there is adequate public transportation in most areas for individuals who need to commute to school/college
- RAC and AA stats show a high number of younger drivers aged below 18 are prone to accidents
- I don't see the need for 16-17 year old group needing a car
- Insurance premiums are going up each year due to the number of accidents cad by inexperienced drivers
- I don't see the young age drivers having as good an attention span as 18+ drivers

I think it is interesting to see if the younger audience lean towards the 'cons' argument and vice versa.

I to am a High school student (Beach House) and my views are based on my findings and from that I have taken this stance. Look forward to the debate also.
Isabelle-Rose

Con

Isabelle-Rose forfeited this round.
manzy47

Pro

manzy47 forfeited this round.
Isabelle-Rose

Con

Isabelle-Rose forfeited this round.