lw0479
JacobG

Should the moon be used as a landfill?

lw0479

Pro

As more harmful nuclear waste is generated and landfills begin to over flow, is it time to use the final frontier as the final landfill?
JacobG

Con

I will happily accept this challenge.
my first argument will be that it is virtually impossible from a financial stand point.

C-A-1: It has been estimated that sending waste into space costs about 10,000$ for each POUND(or 22,000$ a Kilogram) and the united states alone creates about 208 million metric tons of waste each day.

Since 1 metric ton = about 2205 Pounds
2205 * 208,000,000 = 458,640,000,000 pounds total
458,640,000,000*10,000=4,586,400,000,000,000$ a day

http://www.universetoday.com...

Addendum: I am sorry for my absence I created my argument but forgot to actually submit it.
lw0479

Pro

lw0479 forfeited this round.
JacobG

Con

By forfeiting pro has shown that he is unable to make a proper counter argument due and has decided to hide like a coward rather than at least trying.
lw0479

Pro

The damage from nuclear fallout to organisms is tremendous, like radiation sickness and the blast itself destroys many other organisms. If we put nuclear and bio weapons on the moon we are making the world a safer place since the can't detonate and they are out of the clutches of terrorist organizations since there has been long time fear of them having access to them.
Also it gives more space to put uranium waste from nuclear fission reactors, giving us a less worry-able energy supply. Also cost of transport is nothing if enough governments are willing to do it.
JacobG

Con

Pro has yet to give a valid counter-argument to my first point which is the financial impossibility of sending trash to space and instead giving out new points to try and hide from this major flaw in his idea. without a proper counter-argument to the financial impossibility all other points pro has made a invalid.
Posted by jdog2016 2 years ago
jdog2016
i WOULD LOVE TO INDULGE IN THIS, HOWEVER I AM ALREADY IN A DEBATE