erkan.hasan
Mr.Aaron

Should the organic food be less expensive?

Started: 12/1/2014 Category: Economics

erkan.hasan

Con

Nowadays everybody talks about healthy living and the food we should eat to be healthy and feel better.Organic food is in almost every store,but can we afford it? I went to Publix to buy some veggies and fruits two days ago and was astonded by price of the organic tomatoes.They cost $ 3 dollar each! Is it so expensive to grow organic tomatoes?
I don't know how much does it cost to grow organic tomatoes,but I used to live in Europe and there you can buy 4 pounds of organic tomatoes for 3 dollars. I would like the stores to justify the prices of their organic products,why they are so expensive?Maybe they are taking advantages because the people are tend to spend more money when it comes to their health.That is a new gap in the food market so companies are benefiting from it.I hope you will agree with me that we have to know what makes the organic food so expensive.You buy a gallon of gaz for under $3 and at same time you pay the same amount of money for one organic tomatoes.Is the cost for growing a tomatoe and drilling for a petrol the same?I don't think so .I used to live in a house and had a garden in my backyard where we used to grow vegetables,and believe me it wasn't expensive.
Mr.Aaron

Pro

Thanks for saying that. That it me like a rock on my sock!!
erkan.hasan

Con

erkan.hasan forfeited this round.
Mr.Aaron

Pro

Mr.Aaron forfeited this round.
erkan.hasan

Con

erkan.hasan forfeited this round.
Mr.Aaron

Pro

Mr.Aaron forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I would think that if we were to cut government down to constitutional levels , everything would be much less expensive and everyone who wanted to work would be working.You could have anything that would make your pursuit of happiness achievable.
Posted by Khaos_Mage 2 years ago
Khaos_Mage
It sounds like you should be pro in this debate then.
You are pro-organics being less expensive.