debater_ben
TheOpinionist

Should the right to marry someone of the same sex be kept or vetoed?

debater_ben

Pro

Personally I agree that it should be kept. It's about time that they got their rights. They are just like any other human and all they want is love. :)
TheOpinionist

Con

I accept the debate, and will argue that it was not SCOTUS' place to grant homosexuals the right to infringe the religious institution of marriage.

Good luck to my opponent, and I thank him for this debate.
debater_ben

Pro

debater_ben forfeited this round.
TheOpinionist

Con

Aaaaannnndddd freelo
debater_ben

Pro

debater_ben forfeited this round.
TheOpinionist

Con

On second thought, keep this a tie. Please don't vote
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 2 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
********************************************************************
>Reported vote: SirMaximus// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Before the debate, I agreed with Pro that same-sex marriage should be kept legal. After the debate, I still agreed with Pro, as neither side really made any arguments. Con had better conduct than Pro, as Con didn't forfeit any rounds, while Pro forfeited 2 rounds. Pro had better spelling and grammar, as I did not notice any spelling or grammar mistakes made by Pro, but Con did not use a period when Con should have in Round 2 and in Round 3. Pro and Con tie for convincing arguments, because neither of them really used any arguments. Pro and Con tie for reliable sources, as neither of them used any sources.

[*Reason for non-removal*] (1) The debate was so short that the RFD couldn't possibly have gone into any more details or found further errors. Rule #8 in the voting guide still applies in a general case but the size of the debate does factor into moderation. If the entire debate was three lines, awarding S&G based on what the voter found there is acceptable. (2) Even though Pro forfeited, Con suggested the debate be tied in Round 3. This seems to be acceptable to Con (and should be acceptable to Pro as he otherwise would have lost easily). Voters can't be actively penalized for following instructions in the debate where a debater waives his opportunity to get points. For instance, "concession" is a valid reason to vote Pro if Con tells the voters "vote for my opponent, I concede." Similarly, if Pro forfeited all rounds and Con tells the voters to tie, it follows that we can't moderate voters who simply follow those instructions.
*******************************************************************************
Posted by TheOpinionist 2 years ago
TheOpinionist
SirMaximus, your vote is in clear violation of #8 in the voting guide. http://www.debate.org...
Lack of punctuation certainly did not hurt readability.
Posted by TheOpinionist 2 years ago
TheOpinionist
*cough cough* headshot
Posted by TheOpinionist 2 years ago
TheOpinionist
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10th amendment!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by MakeSensePeopleDont 2 years ago
MakeSensePeopleDont
Veto or not is actually NOT the argument that should be had. The argument that SHOULD be had is did the Supreme Court violate the Constitution and over step its power in this ruling? The answer there is without question yes.
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 2 years ago
SirMaximus
debater_benTheOpinionistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Before the debate, I agreed with Pro that same-sex marriage should be kept legal. After the debate, I still agreed with Pro, as neither side really made any arguments. Con had better conduct than Pro, as Con didn't forfeit any rounds, while Pro forfeited 2 rounds. Pro had better spelling and grammar, as I did not notice any spelling or grammar mistakes made by Pro, but Con did not use a period when Con should have in Round 2 and in Round 3. Pro and Con tie for convincing arguments, because neither of them really used any arguments. Pro and Con tie for reliable sources, as neither of them used any sources.