Nasseka
Aidanush

Should the same sex marriage be legalized in kazakhstan?

Aidanush

Nasseka

Con

Nowadays, gay and lesbian marriage has become a controversial debate in contemporary society. Certainly, I am against for legalizing same marriage in Kazakhstan. Unfortunately, our country is not exception for it and there are same sex couples who want to legalize their marriages. There are three reasons why I disagree with legalizing same marriages in our country. The first reason is that homosexuality is immoral. I beleive in God and I am afraid God. As I know homosexual behavior as a serious sin, hated by God. The second reason is that same sex marriage can bring a radical changes to society. The last reason is that same marriages can not be parents and surely they want to adpt children in order to be parents. Actually, I can not believe that they can be good parents and can upbring children.
Aidanush

Pro

Nasseka, thank you for the invitation. I am totally in favor of legalization the same sex marriage in Kazakhstan. As you said, you believe in GOD and homosexuality is immoral. The question about religion is very controversial at the same time optional thing because beliefs are different. I am also religious person and believe in Allah. But, we should not forget that Kazakhstan is multinational country, where more than 130 nationalities live. What I want to say that not all of them are religious; there might be atheists too, right? We are not Islamic country and as our Constitution says people can choose and change their religion as they want. Human rights must be the same for everyone. For example, can you imagine if someone`s, who is homosexual and atheist, rights will be denied because God hates him. It makes no sense for that person as he does not believe in GOD. He is quite apathetic about religion. Our country should not allow the law to deny the rights of people. We must respect choices of people. According to your second argument, same sex marriage brings radical change. Can you please specify what kind of changes exactly? Moreover, as an answer to your third argument, I want to give an example from my own experience. I have a friend from the US. He was adopted by homosexuals. He is quite fine with it, even proud of having two dads. They show their love and care which my friend`s biological parents could not.
Nasseka

Con

Aidanush, thank you for your answer. People are born in order to find soulmate and surely to leave their next generation. It is nature law and it has to be like that. Gay couples can not never burn their own baby. Eveyone know, that same sex couples can born their own child by substitute mother. In my opinion, children should be born in family where there are two parents mother and father. Studies show that gay parents can be both best fathers but never can be best mother. It is nature and our environment should follow it. I want to emphasize that the gay " this invented "I", used by an individual for permission of painful emotional doubts. The person realizing that he has the homosexual problems, fighting with them, isn't the gay. In one word it is mental disease and government should cure this disease instead of worsen it and increase gay couples by legalizing same sex marriages. If we allow it, we can not stop it. We really increase number of same sex couples. You asked me that what radical changes bring same sex marriages to society. The concept of same sex marriages become normally among society and next generation can think that gay marriages is one of option marriages. It increases number of same sex couples. Studies show that children who are born in same sex couples have more opportunity to be gay parent in future than people who are born in normal family. It is the main reason why I think that our government must not allow legalizing same sex marriages. We should not increase this type of marriages, we should leave normal society to the next generation.
Aidanush

Pro

Nasseka, thank you for the arguments you have made. There is no doubt that people should leave next generation. As you said parents can be best fathers, but not mothers. But I do not think that the family especially a child will be happy if there are homosexual father and mother with a normal orientation. If father does not show his love and feelings to the wife, nobody feels happy in this family. Family will be just broken. Can you imagine yourself to be a wife of homosexual and raise children? I cannot. If we legalize same sex marriage it does not mean that everyone becomes homosexual. For instance, The Netherlands was the first country to extend marriages, including same sex marriage. So did everyone become gay, did the increasing of population stop? We should understand that homosexuality is not thing like "oh, from the next month I will be a gay", it is just a different orientation. It is not a choice, it happens naturally. If we really want to make everyone in Kazakhstan happy, we should also care about homosexuals. Although they have different orientation, they remain humans. And humans" right should not be denied.
Nasseka

Con

Aidanush, thank you for your argument. I want to emphasize that we discuss about legalizing same sex marriages mainly in our country. As everybody know, our country`s population is not big and we do not need stop population. Our country`s population makes 17 010 564 people. Comparing with other countries, it is not enough for being developed country. Instead of it, we should increase population. As you said, legalizing same sex marriages can not increase population. It is also the main argument of my agression to same sex couples. Our government do everything in order to develop and increase number of people. But same sex couples can be obstacle for realization it. Also I want to emphasize that legalizing same sex marriages surely can not lead to changing orientation all people but there is chance effecting to think it and changing it by poorly mentally people. As I said homosexuality is mental disease. It is not thing which can happen with everyone. Intead of expanding them, we shold help them to get rid of these mental problems and start new life where they can have their next generation and become respectable citizens of our country. As patriot person, how our countr will develop, it really worry me. Aidanush thank you again for your debate. It will interesting debate which I have ever participated.
Aidanush

Pro

Nasseka, I cannot say that gays are mentally ill. Moreover, I have never seen homosexuals in psychiatric hospitals just because of their orientation. If you really think that homosexual people are mentally ill, will the banning of same sex marriage help to cure them? I do not think so. There must be other solutions. As you said homosexual people will be obstacle for the developing our country by stopping the growth of population. A large number of people does not always affect on the development of the country. As an example, I can say that most of the European countries are developed even though they have few people or lots of undeveloped countries with the high number of inhabitants. What`s more, what can interfere the development of our country is murder, crime, illegal drugs, weak rulers but not legalization of same sex marriage. What government should do is to give freedom of choice to everyone.
Thank you!
Vote Placed by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
NassekaAidanushTied
Reasons for voting decision: My stance on this wasn't changed - but good debate. Conduct was fine. Spelling and grammar were also fine. As for arguments, Con made a lot of assertions without evidence (example: homosexuals are mentally ill), whereas Pro made lots of interesting ethical points and actually used religion to encourage it; something seldom seen. No sources were used, so sources are therefore tied.