lokure
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Should the use of makeup be limited?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Started: 1/30/2018 Category: Fashion
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Voting Period

lokure

Pro

Meaning that the use of makeup be used formally, strictly for business reasons and not daily or informal interactions.
I hope whoever accepts this debate debates civilly.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

I believe that using make up doesn't matter wherever you go.

Why do you mind that women have the freedom of choice to wear make up wherever they go?

You are a woman too, are you?
lokure

Pro

Thank you for agreeing to debate with me.
I don't have a problem with women (or men-they wear makeup too) having a freedom of choice to wear makeup but I'm suggesting the idea that makeup use should be limited or at least not caked on.
In this era, it seems that makeup is being used more than ever.
Personally, I don't think people should intervene if a continuous act is proven dangerous. Makeup seems to have many side affects that buyers seem to overlook; headaches, eye infections, infertility, premature aging, cancer, and hormonal inbalance. All these come from using chemical based makeup items, ones easily found in drug stores. The thing is that those symptoms might happen if one continues to use heavy makeup and at all times plus forgetting to take them off at night.
It's not remotely possible for the government to control the amount of makeup one uses; privacy is becoming a big thing these days. This debate is about whether the use of heavy makeup should be limited; maybe light makeup for leaving the house but if one wants to, to wear heavy amounts to special events. Like I said before, it's not possible for the use of makeup to be limited but it is possible if instead of encouraging caking makeup on one's face, makeup could be discouraged while skin care be encouraged. 2017 has been a year of many masks and creams to naturally help one's face so it wouldn't take much to encourage this more.
Another reason to maybe limit the use of makeup is that it can at times lower younger kids' self esteem. I am still not allowed to wear makeup even while kids in 4th or 5th grade are already learning how to hold a brush. Although at the beginning, I hated the rule not wearing it made me feel "ugly" compared to the others in my grade. But once I understood that I can't wear makeup, I started to focus more on skincare; drinking more water, washing my face with cold water, etc. Now, the kids wearing makeup are having worse skin than ever (understandably) while mine's gotten better. I strongly believe that kids who watch their parents put makeup first thing in the morning on will think that they won't look "pretty" without it.
I look forward to your arguement.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

Where is the evidence that make up has side effects?

Show me, then I will refute your arguments.
lokure

Pro

Here's a website where i found some information.
https://www.curejoy.com...
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

I see no source or link in the article you linked me.

I'm going to say that this article has no credibility.

Nice try, though.
lokure

Pro

Okay, I'll show you a few more websites.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

https://www.science.org.au...

https://www.greenamerica.org...

http://healthsideeffects.org...

Check them all out; I look forward to seeing your next argument.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

No matter how lethal you might believe it is, it shouldn't be limited. Women love make up.
lokure

Pro

Not only women love makeup; men love it too. I'm just proposing the idea that maybe makeup should be used lightly if one still wants to wear it.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

Still, it is not lethal.

Vote Con!
Posted by pi3.14 2 weeks ago
pi3.14
It is debatable whether or not makeup affects the body in harmful ways. Other things like watching TV or playing on your phone with its screen too close to your face can negatively impact your sight and sleep habits, but does that mean that nobody can be on their phones past a certain time an night, or nobody can watch TV? No, because people should have freedom of choice (unless it infringes on other people's rights).
Posted by lokure 3 weeks ago
lokure
I agree but things should be stopped or at least limited when it begins to negatively affect the body.
Posted by lokure 3 weeks ago
lokure
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
3 words.. freedom of choice.
Vote Placed by pi3.14 1 week ago
pi3.14
lokureBryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I personally agree with con that makeup use shouldn't be limited. "No matter how lethal you might believe it is, it shouldn't be limited. Women love makeup." (Con) Nowhere in Pro's argument did she say it was lethal, and Con never refuted or even mentioned most of Pro's points. Pro also used an analogy from personal experience and gave links to five websites. Con didn't do either.