Nick1234
DeanTrotter

Should the world stay in separate countries, based on our homeland ?

Nick1234 has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Nick1234

Pro

So in my opinion, I think we should stay in our own country based on ethnicity. Because we can protect our own culture, stay unique. And we can help other countries to build this infrastructure if they would like. I feel that this would help to reduce wars based on inequality if we help out the 3rd world. Along with this we could help lower the amount of wars fought between rival groups. And it would help protect all of the minority groups, and let them govern themselves, and be fully represented.
DeanTrotter

Con

Hello my name is Dean and I will be your opponent. I look forward to our debate and I hope we both have fun. Why should we stay in our own part of the world? Why should the cultures not mix? Wouldn't a system like that breed racism and probably bring back imperialism? If you tell kids that there culture and someonelse's shouldn't mix they probably will think that there is something bad about those apart of that culture. From there it becomes a taboo to interact with someone of a different race. I think that under a system like that we would go back to considering other races inferior people within a few centuries.
Nick1234

Pro

You know what Dean, I realized that there is probably a much better way to maintain our individual cultures, than just completely dividing up the world. The main concern I had, is that there have been several times in history that a culture has been destroyed, or practically buried and dismantled in its own homeland. The Native Americans, The Aborigines or Australia, all were outnumbered by Europeans in their homeland, and forced to change. And since they had been outnumbered they were used since they were essentially defenseless against the British Empire. With the influx of refugees around the world, including those from the Syrian conflicts, people are having to deal with some issues we have never seen on a mass scale. And with the large influx of the refugees, which have very different cultures than, let's say a German living in Bavaria. Eventually the Germans may be outnumbered, and their culture may be changed to the point that it is less German than it is foreign. That would be my main concern.
DeanTrotter

Con

Ok now I think I know what you are trying to say. If you meant keeping the Muslim religion from spreading than I agree because that religion is deeply authoritarian. I know that the bible is very similar but thankfully most Christians don't follow their bible very closely. But back to the subject at hand. Why should the cultures not change? Your point about the Indians isn't very good because there culture still exists it is just concentrated in small parts of the country. I am from Michigan and the Indians culture is alive and is a big influence in Michigan's culture. As long as you take it slow and don't flood the country with the culture the people will get along and the people around the immigrants will swap parts of the culture as much as the immigrant will. Today's society is vastly different from what it was back then. The only parts of the world that still have a mindset like manifest destiny that I know of are the middle east and north Korea. Cultures change over time so I don't see why we should not be allowed to mix and mingle with the other cultures as long as we avoid bringing the bad parts of that culture over. When it comes to the middle east there is a ton of horrible parts to it like the child marriage and the anti gay rights and we have a moral obligation to try to get those type of things to be illegal all over the world. I think they really should stop bringing in the refugees in places like France and Germany because they are are approaching the point where the refugees will not want to integrate and they will want to create a new country and it will create a lot of bloodshed. Sorry about not stringing my sentences together very well I have never been good at that for some reason.
Nick1234

Pro

Okay, that's fair, I agree with you. My main point is that we should do our best to maintain our culture, without becoming too similar. There are great things about almost every culture, and there are many benefits to interacting. But if we mix too much, it could be problematic, and make the world less interesting. I really enjoyed talking with you, I appreciate your civility. I don't experience that too often on here. I'm of German descent, and I guess in my area it's just gone to hell.
DeanTrotter

Con

There will always be different cultures. Northern Michigan and southern Michigan have almost completely different cultures and they are apart of the same state! When you pass the middle knuckle area you start to think that you entered a different country. Entirely different ascents, people act different, even different foods are eaten during the holidays. It is two different cultures separated only by a few miles of land easily crossed on foot. There is a small island called Mackinac Island that you can get to in a canoe if the weather is good and you are determined enough. From what I have heard it isn't much different than north Michigan but there are differences even there. We act differently in different environments.
P.s Northern Michigan is Superior! Did you get the joke? If not go jump in lake superior.
Posted by MatthreTee123 1 year ago
MatthreTee123
See at first thought, and reading Pro's points I was actually debating with myself. However Con has brought back my thoughts and I have to agree that as much as it MAY lower wars. It would possibly bring back Imperialism, people would grow up believing that something was wrong with the other groups. And eventually one group would attempt to expand, whether it be due to lack of resources, space or out of determination for more control.

Also how would the groups be split equally? If the plan is to lower wars, and just in general make life better for all. It would have to be an equal sharing, otherwise there would be a possible war.