Hanspete
hmaxim

Should their be internet censorship?

Hanspete

Con

I argue that their should not be internet censorship. I wish whoever debates me good luck.
hmaxim

Pro

Internet censorship is the solution to all of society's online problems, and would help immensely to everyone.
Hanspete

Con

Although I feel that some form of censorship is necessary, such as censorship on kiddy porn and watching of pedophiles over all internet censorship is not needed. I also feel that It is unconstitutional to censor the entire populous. Why? One might ask. The answer is simple. If the government can censor one group the disagree with what allows those people to fight back if the are not allowed by government? I don't care if it is a conservative president targeting liberals or a liberal government targeting conservatives censorship will allow them to limit the information from either side. That is unconstitutional and that is why I believe hyper censorship is wrong.
hmaxim

Pro

The constitutional right to freedom, which applies to the Internet, was thought up before there was basically unlimited information out there. Anyone nowadays could learn information which could change themselves for the worse, and not only themselves, as they would communicate with others on what they found and most likely bring the people down with them.
Hanspete

Con

And why shouldn't people have the free right to most information I agree that their is some stuff people should not know but to censor everything... why? To what end does it lead? Yes the constitution was made before the internet but that doesn't mean that the current text doesn't still apply.
hmaxim

Pro

What my argument is trying to say is not that everything should be censored, but only that which is harmful. And by harmful I mean extremely harmful, such as government secrets. If everyone in America told terrorists exactly what and where the President would be because of the right of freedom of internet, no President would last longer than a couple days.
Hanspete

Con

On that issue I agree. Their are multiple things which if the people knew would be devastating to the national security of our country, currently they are restricted and I believe only things like that, kiddie porn, and pedophiles computers should be censored nothing more and not a thing less.
hmaxim

Pro

Well then, I mostly agree with you. This has been an interesting debate and I've had fun with it. Thank you for participating!
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
U cannot win Hanspete:
Internet censorship ship is 100% necessary.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
HanspetehmaximTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm voting this a tie. Both debaters ended up agreeing with each other that there is some censorship that is needed and some that is not. I really don't see either side holding there position solidly but actually come to compromise with each other. While this is a beautiful thing, it makes it hard voting for one side over the other. Conduct was tied, both of you were nice. S&G was tied. Neither of you made any major mistakes. Arguments are tied for the reasons I gave above, and sources weren't used by either side so those points are also tied. Honestly, good job to both of you - but try to avoid compromise on a debate site when you are trying to prove your own position against another.