Zombieguy835
AussiePotato

Should their be school uniforms

AussiePotato has forfeited round #3.

Zombieguy835

Con

I will be debating why school uniforms are bad.
This round is acceptance
AussiePotato

Pro

Good morning/afternoon/night I will accept your Debate good-luck my friend.
Zombieguy835

Con

Good luck to you too!
Now, while uniforms have some benefits, there are legitimate issues with them.
1. Their existence to remove social-economic divisions has in fact, made it worse
2. Studies haven't proved that they increase attendance, grades or increase exam scores.
3. They don't stop bullying, and can actually increase violent attacks
4. Tensions between a uniform school and a non-uniform school
5. Take away students freedom of expression
6. They delay the transition to adulthood
7. Can impact a student's self image
8. The studies that state that uniforms help have been questioned
9. They just hide some of the major issues with schools
Source: https://school-uniforms.procon.org...
AussiePotato

Pro

Alright so first of all there are some schools out there that have a community very different from one and another, that includes a poor to rich scale. If poor children wore very old and dirty clothes to school while the rich wore designer brands can you guess who would get picked on? I have heard a story about this school (I will keep it's identity secret) where on mufti day (where you get to wear what you want to school) the poor children would not want to go, why? Because they will be picked on of course! We must keep the mental health for our poor students well, healthy! Before you go rambling along about how the school should implement systems to keep bulling to a low, those never work! Trust me I have been there and done that even with uniforms I cannot imagine what would happen if we did not have uniforms. So put your uniform on and lets go to school!
Zombieguy835

Con

The problem with your argument is the poor kids would still be bullied with uniforms because they would have to buy cheaper versions and regardless, it makes bullying worse because instead of being bullied based on clothing. Now it's on weight, hair, race, religion etc. Uniforms may stop bullying on clothes, but the social-economic divide is still there, just not as noticeable.