0702dragon
jFarnsworth

Should there be 3 day weekends?

jFarnsworth

0702dragon

Pro

Kids should have more time to spend with there family, but in stead we are sitting at a desk all day with our face in textbook. So I say yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jFarnsworth

Con

It takes longer for children to adjust back to being in school with just a two day weekend, let alone a three day weekend. Four days a week is simply not enough time to educate young minds on all the topics they need to learn about. Having to stick your nose in your textbook all day as an assignment is your teacher's fault. There are many ways to cover the curriculum without boring students to death.
0702dragon

Pro

Kids need more time to calm down and relax. School puts so much pressure on both me and my family! I spend my whole night on a single item of homework because I'm so overwhelmed!
jFarnsworth

Con

I'm guessing your homework is being assigned with the two day weekend you have? So if you have a three day weekend you would have more homework, not less- because you have more days to work on it. I doubt school is the pressure on your family as it's not their school work. Kids have plenty of time to relax all the time that your not doing your homework or at school is relaxing. There is no way a teacher would assign you something you have never learned before as homework.
0702dragon

Pro

I have a learning disability (ADHD) so my mom and dad have to help me and take care of my baby brother at the same time. then for the rest of the day they're tired and grumpy.
jFarnsworth

Con

jFarnsworth forfeited this round.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
@water, if they didn't learn anything from school it should be a 7 day weekend.
Posted by WaterTipper 3 years ago
WaterTipper
@Every child arguing for pro

The U.S. has laws mandating that all public schools complete a minimum requirement of school days for students.
Having three-day weekends would significantly lag the school day count, and schools need to fulfill that count...

Have fun going to summer school.

(Didn't think that through, eh? Perhaps it's best for you kids to have no weekends at all, since you seem to have learned absolutely NOTHING from school :P)
Posted by jaze 3 years ago
jaze
OMG of course there should be three days in a weekend cause on Friday I just get home from school have dinner shower TV bed then its Saturday and I do like 2 pieces of home work then its Sunday and I'm panicking! I'd be wishing that there was another day and when I look into to my planner I'm praying that there's not ANOTHER homework in for Monday!LOLAGE.
I would so call the extra day Spareunday spare-un(don't know what the un's for but who cares)-day!
You know what I should so do debating club and gets some friends that will be a laugh.
yes I know I haven't taken this life and death debate seriously but u know the conclusion YES there should be an extra weekend day.
JC
Posted by jFarnsworth 3 years ago
jFarnsworth
@trainuser Do you mean that one could learn better if they had a better learning environment? I'm sure that's obvious..
Posted by trainuser 3 years ago
trainuser
The fundamentals of the Human brain could actually be more happier creating a perfect learning aura.
Posted by Malivian 3 years ago
Malivian
With their family or their video games?
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
0702dragonjFarnsworthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has conduct for FF. Con made much better arguments. Pro loses S&G for excessive use of exclamation points.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
0702dragonjFarnsworthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, personal problems do not translate into convincing arguments, especially when you're arguing for the reform of the entire education system. Conduct to Pro for Con's forfeit.
Vote Placed by Kleptin 3 years ago
Kleptin
0702dragonjFarnsworthTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not sure whether I should take this debate seriously. Pro and Con do make...points. But it seems that Pro is more interested in blowing off some steam than actually debating. Con didn't have much to work with, but actually did argue.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
0702dragonjFarnsworthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments but lost conduct for the forfeit.