primeministerJoshua812
CreeNation

Should there be Elections to the Canadian Senate

primeministerJoshua812 has forfeited round #2.

primeministerJoshua812

Pro

I Believe that we should have an Elected Senate because we need a "chamber of second thought" to vigorously study legislation from the House of Commons to bring proper improvements but before we can have this Senate improve legislation, we need to first improve how people become members of the Senate and I believe that we need direct elections using preferential ballot.
CreeNation

Con

I have heard this argument many times but I think that the Canadian Senate should be chosen by the Canadian PM.

1. If the senate had an election then each senator would try to take donations that would make people want to give less money to their political party making it harder for politicals parties to make advertisements for the federal election.

2. I do think we could have elections for people we would like to have as a senate we have this in Alberta and it is pretty good

3. The PM already doesn't have that much power I would prefer the PM to have power

Note I do think that the senate should not have to be part of the rich elite it is an actual requirement