Ravenleaf
CM_Punk

Should there be a National Potato Day?

Ravenleaf has forfeited round #4.
Started: 2/14/2018 Category: Funny
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Ravenleaf

Pro

Potatoes: America's amazingness. They are delicious; you can fry them, or make them into a tasty snack. These beauties deserve there own day!
CM_Punk

Con

No. Potatoes are just food. Matter of fact, their shouldn't be a specific date for food anyday. It's just a waste of time and resources for people to get fatter.
Ravenleaf

Pro

Potatoes are so good! They also make some of Americans favorite foods, like Mashed Potatoes, and French Fries! Also, sometimes I go around just saying "potato", and I crack myself up! And laughing makes you happy! Everybody wants to be happy.

I know yall think its worthless, but a day dedicated to potatoes would be so fun
CM_Punk

Con

True, it would be fun. But if the world were to only eat potatoes just for one day each year, everyone would be having health problems like diabetes. Potatoes are very starchy foods that can be healthy and fun at times, but we have to think long term with this thing.

And also, it's not exactly America's thing. It's Ireland's.
Posted by pi3.14 5 days ago
pi3.14
Oh, and I forgot to mention Get a Different Name Day which is observed on February 13!
Posted by pi3.14 5 days ago
pi3.14
You missed some other outrageous ones:
- National Yodel for Your Neighbor Day
- National Dump Your Significant Jerk Day
- National Thumb Appreciation Day (February 18)
- National Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day (also February 18)
- Many more
These are just some of the ones I can name off the top of my head and even make some of yours seem normal!
Posted by Ya_Boi_Em 6 days ago
Ya_Boi_Em
Yo, this guy who's fighting you doesn't know how many other "worthless" days/holidays that exist out there. I'll name a few: National Lipstick Day, National Ham Day, Global Handwashing Day, National Battery Day, and National Gumdrop Day. There's so many of those, why not a National Potato Day? It's outrageous how he's trying to fight you on this.
Posted by Stupidape 1 week ago
Stupidape
I like potatoes, they are full of nutrients.

"Potatoes contain a complex mix of phytonutrients in amounts that vary greatly among cultivars and primitive germplasm. Potatoes contain sizable amounts of vitamin C and potassium, the two phytonutrients for which they may be best known. "

https://www.sciencedirect.com...
Posted by DeepInThought 1 week ago
DeepInThought
The potato is my hero, give it 2 holidays.
Posted by AllyDog57 1 week ago
AllyDog57
There is a National Potato Day. It is on August 19.
Posted by pi3.14 1 week ago
pi3.14
Exactly! They should do some research!
Posted by levi_smiles 1 week ago
levi_smiles
You"re debating over whether there ought to be a National Potato Day when, of course, there is already such a day. National Potato Day is August 19th.
This debate has -2 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click the Add to My Favorites link at the top of the page.