not_philip
Keyana98

Should there be a Transformers 5?

not_philip

Con

There is absolutely no cause for a Transformers 5. This film franchise has just been getting worse and worse. The first one was the only one that could even be described in likable terms whatsoever, after that it just gets sad. Michael Bay has really become somewhat of a film making joke in the process of these projects. The most recent film, which I don't even care for remembering the name, was tragic as far as blockbuster films go. I was a Mark Whalberg fan before this movie and now I'm not so sure and I really hate Michael Bay for that. I really don't want there to even be a slight possibility for them to bring Megatron back, which with Michael Bay's plot creativity may be almost a guarantee. Please stop while you're behind.
Sincerely, once a Transformers fan.
Keyana98

Pro

Although you may not have enjoyed the film, Transformers became the fourth series where two films grossed $1 billion worldwide in a franchise. Statistically speaking, most people disagree with you. The franchise has been widely supported, and would continue to be supported by the many transformers fans. Michael Bay is a well known director for one reason, he"s good. If he wasn't, you wouldn't know his name well enough to "hate" him. If your vision of Mark Wahlberg changed because of one film, you are obviously easily persuaded, and may consider changing your opinion for the greater good. Many people enjoyed the movies, and would be disappointed if there was not another one, that being said, no one is forcing you to watch it. There should be another Transformers movie.
not_philip

Con

I am not here discussing the success of the Transformers franchise, because it is in fact undoubted, what I am debating is the actual quality of the films. I am not referring even to the visual effects which are outstanding, that is Michael Bay's specialty, I am discussing the actual quality of the story and overall product as a film. They may be entertaining films but it is in fact mindless such is most of mainstream media today. It seems as if Bay creates an explosive scene or two that he thinks will draw in an audience and then attempts to create a story around it. His sole purpose is bringing in a crowd to make money, which he is successful at, but not actually creating a thought-provoking story and overall quality film. While they are entertaining, this series has failed to produce actually good films, and though it has made billions, as a Transformers fan I cannot accept another big explosive film with yet again no real storyline.

P.S.
I still am a Mark Whalberg fan, I am just disappointed in how that film made him appear as an actor.
Keyana98

Pro

Keyana98 forfeited this round.
not_philip

Con

not_philip forfeited this round.
Keyana98

Pro

Keyana98 forfeited this round.
Posted by Tminusfour20 2 years ago
Tminusfour20
This is impossible to accept
Posted by TheSymbiote 2 years ago
TheSymbiote
Who would ever want to be pro?