Neverbackdown
derDepperte

Should there be a class in school just for religion.

Neverbackdown

Con

In my high school class this is something that people argue a lot about to I know I am right.
derDepperte

Pro

I, pro, will take the position in convincing the con that religion classes should be taken.

Well, some people with different religions such as Jahova's Witnesses can't participate in American activities, such as birthdays, the U.S. Pledge, holidays, and others because of their religion. In most high schools, there are people who bring in things because of holidays or traditions, but the person with the specific religion can attend the activity because of his heritage.

If there was a religion class, it can restrict holidays or birthdays so the person with the certain heritage won't miss out on any specific American activities.

I rest my case.
Neverbackdown

Con

That's my side. I am against a class in school just for religion u stated my case thank you very much.
derDepperte

Pro

Actually, my whole passage states that children should have religious classes. In the topic title, it declares that there should be religious classes. But you were the con. So if you are the con, that would mean you are against the idea of a class all about religion. But since I was aiming for the defense of actually having a religious class, you were the one who was against it. So I didn't prove your answer at all.

I rest my case.
Neverbackdown

Con

By the way the reason I will leave spaces is because I am giving you a change to respond to each one

The reason I believe there should not a a class just for religion in school is because if people want that they can go to part of religion school. I believe that it would hurt friends that are different religion being in different classes just because their religion.

I know for a fact that 38.88629366% of kids ages 12-18 does not have religion. Imagine how they would feel if they have to miss out of a class and had to do a class that did not need to do. Or try to think about the people that are forced to take a class they did not believe in.

Also if the don't have religion and forced to take a class that they did not believe in like Christianity. Their homework would be to read certain parts of the bible, but they don't know if the bible is true. Also during class they would read the bible and that could make someone feel weirdo because they don't know if that if true.

Also what about the teachers. What if they just need money so they teach the and they make other kids uncomfortable. There would be a lot more people drop out of school because they are uncomfortable.

I rest my case.
derDepperte

Pro

Rebuttals:

"Imagine how they would feel if they would have to miss out of class and had to do a class that they didn't need to do."

Actually, they would have enjoyed the fact of participating in a class that have others that are part of his religion or are part of one that is in common with his religion. I also think that his feelings would be even more hurt if he couldn't get any thing from classmates from different periods in his class. Having a class where everybody gets to have anything that someone passes out would make them feel better than having a class where they can't have anything.

Conclusion:

If you're wondering, my statements above basically declares that someone should have religios classes because their feelings would be more hurt when they can't recieve anything from their classmates because of their religion.

I rest my case
Neverbackdown

Con

If you would read the sentences after this sentence then have no reason at all for writing this.

Imagine how they would feel if they would have to miss out of class and had to do a class that they didn't need to do.

Actually, they would have enjoyed the fact of participating in a class that have others that are part of his religion or are part of one that is in common with his religion.

Yes, but what if they don't know their religion. They would have to take a class that they don't need, or they would have to take a religion class because the school make them. Like I said if I had to take a Jewish class when I am not Jewish that would make me mad.

I also think that his feelings would be even more hurt if he couldn't get any thing from classmates from different periods in his class.

First, in a debate to help people use his/hers so you are not sexist. Also " I also think that his feelings would be even more hurt if he couldn't get any thing from classmates from different periods in his class." That is just you it does not hurt my feelings.

Having a class where everybody gets to have anything that someone passes out would make them feel better than having a class where they can't have anything.

Yeah, that would make them feel better but that won't help them in the long run. I am in 7th grade and in algebra 1, and almost everyone in my class hate the fact that we have homework every night and she does not let us get anything we want so that is an opinion.

Conclusion:

Yeah, but if there is a religion class more people would be bullied. Because 6% of cyber bulling and 9% is because of their religion ( like a cross neckless) at school.

Website http://www.theguardian.com...

I rest my case
derDepperte

Pro

In the last round everyone would agree that there should be a religion class.
Posted by DarkChiyoko 3 years ago
DarkChiyoko
I would like to challenge you, neverbackdown to the same debate topic.
Posted by Stalin_Mario 3 years ago
Stalin_Mario
Is this mandatory or an option class?
Posted by queerelves 3 years ago
queerelves
Honestly, I don't see why we shouldn't have a religion class--and I'm not talking about a Christian class. There should be a class that teaches students, in a non-biased way, about all the major religions so students can make educated choices about which religion they wish to be a part of.