Edvin_32178
ProfessorJake

Should there be a death penalty?

Edvin_32178

Edvin_32178

Con

In my opinion I think that the death penalty should not be in existence. If you disagree with my opinion then by all means go ahead and debate with me. Unless you are A BIG FAT COWARD!!!!
ProfessorJake

Pro

Presentations

Retribution

In some cases, punishments are imposed in retribution of an offense (The death penalty, in particular). So, both the criminal and victim come out evenly. So, since the victim was murdered (Which is something that warrants the death penalty), the criminal is penalized by death. Even though the criminal won't suffer through in the prison, considering the inmate's behavior, that may have been the same for the victim.

Detterence

The existence of the death penalty deters people. It, for sure, deters me.

Public safety

(I will use this contention until it is changed)

In prison, because of low security prisons, there's that one chance of the criminal breaking out (Escape) and again, committing crimes (Which aren't conform to laws), as everyone is a threat, but you would most expect the criminal to commit crimes, and since they are no longer in Earth, they can not murder again (Or even at the very least, commit crimes).

I await my opponent's set of arguments.
Edvin_32178

Con

Well true but how can the criminal escape if he/she has chains cuffed in his/her feet and has handcuffs on the hands of the criminal? However the criminal could escape and kill again then the cops have to take the shot but overall the criminal has cuffs chained to his/her feet so there is no possible way for the criminal to escape because the chains keep the criminal from running which gives the cops a chance to catch the criminal and put the criminal in a cell that has no way of escaping. Therefor there is no use for a death penalty
ProfessorJake

Pro

Rebuttals

Well true but how can the criminal escape if he/she has chains cuffed in his/her feet and has handcuffs on the hands of the criminal?

If you can take off the cuffs on the hands and feet, that criminal could have either requested a call with another, or another called him, requesting for a conference. That teammate could break in the jail cell, take off the cuffs, and break out (Escape), and again, committing crimes (Which aren't sanctioned by law).

However the criminal could escape and kill again then the cops have to take the shot but overall the criminal has cuffs chained to his/her feet so there is no possible way for the criminal to escape because the chains keep the criminal from running which gives the cops a chance to catch the criminal and put the criminal in a cell that has no way of escaping.

The rest, I have already replied to. So, I won't do so again.

Like said, a criminal is a threat like others, however is most expected to commit unlawful acts. So, like said, he could either request a call to a teammate to break in his jail cell and un-cuff him, the teammate requests a conference with him to ask why he/she was imprisoned and once given reason, the teammate will break in the cell and un-cuff him/her, etc. So, why not just penalize all criminals (Who murdered, which is not comform to the laws) by death rather than imprisoning them, as there is that possibility as you have agreed upon?

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
Edvin_32178

Con

Well when you say the criminal made a call and called his teammate to help him/her to escape the jail and kill again I do agree with you but wouldn't the only way of escaping the jail be exploding the wall which would cause a lot of noise and attraction and will get the attention of the cops or security guards? If the criminal still is killing then there should be a death penalty but won't the jail be surrounded with cops and what if they can't escape that is the only way the cops can the the shot on the criminal but like I said again there still maybe a chance that the criminal and the teammate fail to escape. Here is a question for you how does the friend take off the cuffs without a key it's not like the teammate has a laser to bust open. If the the teammate did manage to get the keys both of them will still have to make a lot of noise getting out. Also that they have towers with big lights which can mark the criminals location and call all the guards to be prepared to take the shot if they have to. Most likely not because the criminals have to surrender because the place is surrounded with guards.

And now I will wait for your post.
ProfessorJake

Pro

NO U SUCK U CANT DEBATE JNANKNDDNWN U SUCK U SUCK I BET U CANT BEAT ME IM SO COOL
Edvin_32178

Con

And the hell are you that your saying I suck huh tell me unless your afraid
ProfessorJake

Pro

U JUST SUCK DEAL WITH IT DUMBDUMB LOLOFIJAFNEINF
Edvin_32178

Con

You are haut saying I'm dumb because ou know your gonna lose to this debate and guees how old I am. And you suck so why don't you deal with that!! Loser😄
ProfessorJake

Pro

u sukbiubjyvuygyuiuguigiygiygyu
Posted by Edvin_32178 2 years ago
Edvin_32178
Ok ok calm down!! Don't get all mad it was just a joke sher's what's wrong with you peiole
Posted by ProfJacob 2 years ago
ProfJacob
Smart*ss, I did so to show why you deserved to receive a conduct point (In other words, why the conduct point should automatically be deducted from Pro).
Posted by Edvin_32178 2 years ago
Edvin_32178
Ok and you wanted t comment on this debate for what purpose exactly?
Posted by ProfJacob 2 years ago
ProfJacob
Con definitely conducted himself better, considering Pro's latest behavior (In which, I don't condone in my debates).
Vote Placed by gordonjames 2 years ago
gordonjames
Edvin_32178ProfessorJakeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow - Pro had 1 good argument. Con not so many.
Vote Placed by black_squirrel 2 years ago
black_squirrel
Edvin_32178ProfessorJakeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to CON because PRO derailed the debate with insults. S&G also goes to CON because PRO wrote several words that are not even close to existing words. Finally, despite all this, PRO still had the better arguments. CON only tried to rebut 1 of the arguments, and did not even succeed at that.