EvanScience
ImSomebody

Should there be a death penalty?

EvanScience

Pro

Death Penalty - the penalty that involves the execution of a person, which serves for crimes such as murder, etc.

I will be arguing that the death penalty should be present.

First round for acceptance only. I prefer that clarifications should be made in the comment section.
ImSomebody

Con

FACT: Most abortion debates are semantical.
EvanScience

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate! :) And I have noticed how most abortion debates involve semantics; Certain definitions are used to the opponent's advantage.

Detterence

The presence of the death penalty will deter people from murdering, seeing as the death penalty serves for severe crimes such as murder. Say, you had a sniper rifle. You wanted to assassinate the president due to deprivation. Even if there is a low chance of being caught, it's very risky still; You are so afraid of death.

Public safety

When someone has commited a crime such as murder, they are morely expected to commit more. So, the presence of the death penalty ensures no threats from said terrorist (Because recent acts make people fear him/her) and criminal. They shouldn't even be able to appeal their case. Spending money doesn't anyhow mean that the criminal will no longer do wrong. Not only that, but if their intention for their accused crime is considerably good, they should be able to defend themselves. Otherwise, they modify it for the sake of escape.

I await my opponent's set of arguments.
ImSomebody

Con

ImSomebody forfeited this round.
EvanScience

Pro

Unfortunately, my opponent forfeited the previous round.
ImSomebody

Con

ImSomebody forfeited this round.
EvanScience

Pro

EvanScience forfeited this round.
ImSomebody

Con

ImSomebody forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
I don't think con understands what this debate is about...