joskoo
Oak19

Should there be a four-point line in basketball?

Oak19
Started: 7/8/2016 Category: Sports

joskoo

Con

I do NOT think there should be a four point line in Basketball. Why? Because I don't thinks there needs to be anymore changes. I think Basketball is good how it is. And also, it's anyways already fun to watch. So what's the point of putting a four point line? Nothing. It would just be more confusing and less fun. I said less fun because if we do add a four point line, players who are good with long shots can just score a lot of four pointers over and over again and win the game... I don't think there should be a four point line.
Oak19

Pro

As a person who has played basketball(Casually, not professionally), I have no objection to adding a four point line into the game. I believe the four point line could be created in a way that would not be confusing to anyone. For instance, if you put the four point line in the center of the court, players and fans will quickly catch on without any problems. It's a simple easy and effective solution that would ease any confusion if a new four point line would be added as most people can easily find the center line of a Basketball court. I also support having a four point line because if a player can make a shot that faraway then they should have every right to earn an extra point. Making a shot from the otherside of the court is far more challenging then making a shot in the 3 point region as you could make a long shot within the area of the opposite teams court and still get the 3 points.( assuming you are far away enough and in the 3 point region). If a four point line was not added to the rules, then we would be saying that a shot made from a distance of over half the court is no more difficult then a shot made from a distance that's less then a court away. I believe the majority of people whenever they play basketball or not, would agree that making a shot from the distance of over half the court is far more difficult then making a shot in the current 3 point area. I also fail to see how people will have less fun if a four point line was created. Even pro-basket players struggle to make those kinds of long shots so its not like we'd see players scoring four pointers over and over again as my opponent has suggested would happen. Honestly, I doubt the game would change that much just because we included a four point line. Having the extra line does not drastically alter the basic stratergy of the game in any way. You would still have dribbling passing blocking shooting etc, all as it was before the inclusion of the four point line. The only minor difference is you'd earn a fourth point if you make a shot behind the center line. I think that a small change like having a four point line would only be beneficial and should be added. I also don't believe any of the cons my opponent stated are valid as he just seems to just dislike the idea of change without providing any substance or basis for why this change would be a bad thing. Therefore I propose a four point line be added into the game of basketball as I see many benefits and very few, if any drawbacks to having a four point line.
With all that said, I rest my case.
Posted by joskoo 7 months ago
joskoo
I hope I win this debate
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 7 months ago
ThinkBig
joskooOak19Tied
Vote Placed by RainbowDash52 7 months ago
RainbowDash52
joskooOak19Tied
Reasons for voting decision: counter vote bomb
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 7 months ago
dsjpk5
joskooOak19Tied