Should there be a national firearm registry?

The presence of a national gun registry would allow the federal government to know any civilian who owns a gun. On the surface, this seems like a great way for the government to "fight gun crime", but at the same time restricts the privacy of the law-abiding citizens who own guns.

Guns do not cause crime. People do. Make a national registry of murderers, not people who own a tool used for self-defense.

Respect the 2nd amendment. It was made so the PEOPLE could form a militia in times when the government could not protect the people.

The government has no need to know who has legally owned guns. Once they have a registry of everyone who owns a gun, THEY WILL CONFISCATE YOUR WEAPONS.

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

My opponent plagiarized his entire first round argument from the following website:

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on this debate.

I would like the voters to know that I did not plagiarize my argument, my opponent simply copied and pasted my argument and posted it on another website to try to invalidate my position. If you look on his profile, you can see that he has been doing this to many other people's debates as well.

To my opponent I say: Please leave You do not want to debate, you only want to ruin other people's chance of enjoying this website.

Your accusations are easily proven false. When the voters go to the website you plagiarized from, they will see the article was posted before your argument was posted. This will prove I couldn't have possibly posted your words to a website after you posted your argument.

This is now the second round my opponent has wasted. Hopefully he will finally give me something to refute next round.

To my "opponent":
Why do you willingly try to ruin the fun of this website? Anyone who looks on your profile can see you're just a troll who gets a kick out of frustrating people. This community of debaters obviously doesn't want you here, so please leave.

I ask the voters to consider how my opponent resorted to name calling when voting on conduct. There's no place here for calling people "trolls".

Affirmative Case

Unlike my opponent, I will now offer my own original arguments.

A national gun registry would be beneficial in this way: It would allow law enforcement to trace weapons used in a crime much easier. Also, gun owners would be less likely to commit a crime if they knew their gun was registered to them in a national database. [1]

Conduct: My opponent plagiarized and resorted to ad hominem attacks.

S and G: This was a tie.

Arguments: I'm the only one who offered original arguments.

Sources: As you can see below, I'm the only one who used sources (properly).

Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Pretty gutsy too
Posted by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Con's round 2 is fun to read. *Laughing*
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Well, now that this debate is over, I have to agree with one thing my opponent said... This is a fun website!
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Bad conduct in round three by Con. And, Plagairism by Con. Thus, I issue Conduct point and argument point to Pro.