Coolgal123
wesley106

Should there be a rule for dating at the age 13 and under?

wesley106

Coolgal123

Pro

Should there be a rule of dating at the age of 13 and under? I think, yes, there should.
I think so because kids are to immature and not responsible to have a boyfriend/girlfriend. I would find it hard to connect and be comfortable with each other because there friends would make them sit together and the gossip just pressures the 'couple'. I also believe that it would be hard going on dates. It's not like your gonna drive a car at this age and bring him/her out to dinner or at the movies. Basically the only time you would spend with each other would be online or at school. Also, there wouldn't be any PDA. I know that a relationship isn't all about PDA, but it's nice once in a while. Honestly, in my opinion, I would NOT waist my first kiss on someone at this age. Sure it would be sweet, but seriously. How you even know if you like this person, are you just dating to get popular? Noticed? Or is it just because you felt bad for him/her because they liked you? I think kids don't think before they act in these situations.
wesley106

Con

Well, I would like to thank you for opening this debate and would love to debate this topic.

To answer your question to start off with, no, there should not be a rule to keep dating at the age of 13 and under.

Your stereotype is quite broad, saying that all kids 13 and under are immature and not responsible enough to possess a boyfriend/girlfriend. Some kids mature much earlier than others and are completely mature and responsible enough to hold their first puppy love. It's not hard for two kids to connect, you go over to each others houses or do other fun things together. Your friends in life cannot make you do anything and gossip has nothing to do with their relationship. Gossip plays NO role what so ever in a relationship. Your parents have vehicles do they not? You can go to the movies or anywhere you want and you can spend time in more places than online or school. There is a park, each others houses, with friends and much more. Just because you cannot commit PDA at school does not mean you cannot outside of school. A little hug here or there maybe even a kiss wouldn't harm them. Also, set your mind set to being 13. PDA is not what they're thinking about, they're experiencing puppy love and it's much better for them to do this at their age instead of being 16 or 17 and then getting mixed in with the opposite gender. It's needed to balance out how you treat each other. It's generally understood that a little peck on the lips doesn't count as a first kiss, you shouldn't be considering that anyway. Nor would a 13 year old be thinking to date someone to get popular and noticed. Re-focusing on the "Or is it just because you felt bad for him/her because they liked you?"; parents teach you your morals growing up, or should. Parents teach their children at a young age that if someone asks you out, politely oblige and say no thank you I'm not interested if you're not interested or simply say yes if you are. Your stereotype is very broad once again, kids have brains and I'm sure they know how to think. It's not like they're tempted into having sex which would be a detrimental situation. It's simple puppy love, there's nothing wrong with it.
Coolgal123

Pro

Coolgal123 forfeited this round.
wesley106

Con

I believe my point got across.
Coolgal123

Pro

Coolgal123 forfeited this round.
wesley106

Con

Point made.
Posted by RavenDebater 1 year ago
RavenDebater
An interesting topic. I personally frown upon dating under fourteen, but I am against actually having a rule against it. I'm intrigued, and I must say this will be an interesting one to observe. You can count on me being the first vote. Best of luck to both sides.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Coolgal123wesley106Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 1 year ago
kkjnay
Coolgal123wesley106Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con successfully refutes all of Pro's points, while making the case that "there's nothing wrong with puppy love". Pro forfeits two consecutive rounds after this.