Morella_Styles
Godgirl

Should there be a standard size in all stores for women's clothes?

Godgirl
Started: 3/8/2016 Category: Fashion

Morella_Styles

Pro

I believe that there should be a standard sizing option. Although different options give people with different body types other things to wear, making a standard option would be easier. This way, women would not have to go to multiple stores, unlike men, to find something that fits. There would always be other styles that people who didn't have a "standard" body type could wear. Men having a standard size and women not having a standard size is rather sexist and women should have the same thing.
Godgirl

Con

I accept. I believe that having a standard or "1 size fits all" can make women feel uncomfortable and self conscious if it does not fit them. If the standard size doesn't fit you, you may feel too fat, or too thin, or too tall.
Morella_Styles

Pro

As I said earlier, there should be other lines and clothing sizes available at stores. But, having a standard at all the stores, no matter what other styles they may offer, gives people a much easier time. Different kinds of the style should be offered, such as "capri", "short", and "long", but the initial sizing is what makes people feel bad. A person can be a size 8 at one store, and a size 13 or 14 at another store. This can cause a loss in self confidence and causes people to judge themselves.
Godgirl

Con

Sorry it took me awhile to post this, I was having "an unexpected error" where I couldn't get to any debates.

I think that not fitting into the standard size causes more self judgement than having your size fluctuate depending on which store you're in.
https://m.youtube.com...

In this video, women of different body types try on one size fits all garments. They feel like their bodies aren't right because these things don't fit.
Morella_Styles

Pro

Morella_Styles forfeited this round.
Godgirl

Con

There may have been a misunderstanding. As I understood it, standard size meant like a one size fits all option. However, PrivateschoolDem (in the comments) understands it to mean that a size 2 is always a size 2 no matter what store you are in. If that is the case, none of my arguments stand and I completely agree that there should be a standard sizing system.
If standard size refers to a one size fits all kind of thing then I disagree and the past two rounds still stand.
Thanks!
Posted by PrivateschoolDem 11 months ago
PrivateschoolDem
There obviously should be. A size 2 at one store should be a size 2 at all stores because all inches and all centimeters are the same. It makes it so much easier. That's like saying "should there be a standard system of measurement?" No duh guys. If it makes women feel worse, try a different size. The point is to promote equality of all sizes anyways, right? Plus it would be damn awkward if two women, obviously not the same size, both said they were the same size because they got their clothes at a different store. It's also sexist that men can enjoy relatively same sizes and women cannot. I am a girl btw and the answer is pretty obvious.
Posted by Emmarie 11 months ago
Emmarie
Who is going to regulate it? Are we going to literally have fashion police, employed by the government, to go into shops or manufactures and measure garments? What would the punishment be for added shaping?
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 11 months ago
dsjpk5
Morella_StylesGodgirlTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.