Should there be an age limit over 5 for dabgerous sports?

Started: 4/18/2016 Category: Sports

The National Institutes of Health"funded study, published online in the journal Neurology, finds that former National Football League players who participated in tackle football before the age of 12 are more likely to have memory and thinking problems as adults.
Also "Kids that are younger than 8 years old are less coordinated and have slower reaction times than adults because they are still growing and developing" Acording to that"s why you shouldnt let your kids play when they are younger then 5 becaue they have a lot of risks.

First, I assume that by "dabgerous" my opponent means dangerous, as dabgerous is to the best of my knowledge not a word.

Moving on.

Now, by the resolution's specific mention of the age 5, I can argue as con that the age limit should be higher than 5. I find that the age limit should be the age of 12. According to an NIH study that was referenced by my opponent, children under the age of 12 who engage in tackle football are more likely to have memory and thinking problems as adults. To impose an age limit of 5 would destroy the values my opponent pretends to support.

I ask my judges to adhere to the rules and judge only using information provided in the debate and not project their own opinions into their decision.
Vote Placed by ballpit 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to condue to the fact that pro effectively disagreed with their own argument in the argument they provided. Cons argument also uses pro's source against him. Neither side provided a link to the source that was used so no points on sources.