bryan.wzw
BaseBool

Should there be drug tests on Student Athletes? e.g. high school/college

Started: 3/13/2013 Category: Sports

bryan.wzw

Con

Personally, I believe that there shouldn't be any drug tests on students. However, there should be drug education classes to teach them the harmfulness of drugs in sports. By implementing drug tests on student athletes, it will costs lots of money and time and I don't think schools will want to spend half their budget on this or even a quarter. Student athletes do not make any money so what is the point of using so much money on drug tests?
BaseBool

Pro

I will be debating for the screening of drugs for college/highschool athletes.

You start off by mentioning that since the athletes do not make any money that this would not be worth it. I refute that by saying while they currently do not make money, recruiters look at the kids when they are in highschool and college and any unfair advantage toward getting recruited is illegal.

Your logic here is saying that it's ok for me to cheat on my university test because this one test does not dictate my future (which is true) and so theres no need to monitor if i am indeed cheating.

I by no means am implying that every game should have a drug test, but it's reasonable to have random drug tests to make sure nobody is taking drugs. And it will not cost the amount of money my opponent i making it seem.
bryan.wzw

Con

bryan.wzw forfeited this round.
BaseBool

Pro

BaseBool forfeited this round.
bryan.wzw

Con

bryan.wzw forfeited this round.
BaseBool

Pro

BaseBool forfeited this round.