Should there be human cloning?

Each human being is special and unique. Each of us has out own personalities and traits that makes us, us. But imagine if there were a hundred copies of yourself. You probably wouldn't feel so special anymore. Think of the clones in Star aware. The are all copies, and they are given names to make them feel unique, even though they are the same. If humans were cloned, it would be most frightening. People would get confused over who is who, and people may get scared seeing copies of themselves. I think it is much better to not have clones.

I thank my opponent for starting this argument. I won't go out of my way in bombing this debate, I'll stay in the confines of size.

My opponent hasn't started detailed arguments, so I'm assuming this round is for acceptance. Human cloning allows geneticists to advance in information and research which can help eliminate genetic diseases, defective genes, genetic infertility and undesirable recessive traits through experimentation. I think my opponent is confused on the purpose of cloning, it is to conduct trials, not release them into the world.

That is all, I hope my opponent provides a strong argument in the next round.
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 months ago
mostly for pedophile sex rings, this is why Bernie Mac was murdered
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 months ago
human cloning has been going on for years, and not for educational purposes
Posted by Ragnar 3 months ago
Don't feel bad, it was hilarious and good in a smart alec kind of way.
Posted by Amedexyius 3 months ago
I completely blanked out and did not realize that there was only one round. I feel so stupid right now.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con chose to drop every point made by pro (single round debates should be done in the opinion section). Con offered fears of people now feeling like unique snowflakes if clones of them were released en mass; whereas pro offered how cloned cells are currently used for genetic research to help cure various ailments. Neither rose above assertions, but subjectively pro's seemed far more plausible, in addition to assuming both were the case (as they are not mutually exclusive) the benefits pro offered are great (health), whereas the costs con offered are negligible (hurt feelings).