G-RACE
Phenenas

Should there be movies rated higher than R

G-RACE has forfeited round #2.
Started: 7/20/2016 Category: Movies

G-RACE

Con

For me I think movies rated R is disgusting,but I will watch some of them. Past Rated R movies is terrible, it wants to make me vomit. For health reasons I think it is healthly not watching Movie ratings past R.
Phenenas

Pro

Because there are movies rated higher than R, Con gets the BoP. I will defend the existence of X-rated and NC-17 movies.

"Past Rated R movies is terrible, it wants to make me vomit."

If you can't handle gory or sexually explicit scenes, that's fine - don't watch them. But that doesn't make movies above an R rating "terrible". There are many great, critically acclaimed films which received higher than an R rating, such as A Clockwork Orange, Requiem for a Dream, Eyes Wide Shut, and Blue is the Warmest Color. Movies such as these use sex scenes artistically, and they are essential to furthering the story.
Even if all X-rated movies were terrible, I would still argue to allow them. They aren't doing any harm or violating anyone's rights; film is simply artistic expression, no matter how explicit. If they make you vomit, then don't watch them; nobody is forcing you to.

"For health reasons I think it is healthly [sic] not watching Movie ratings past R."

NC-17 movies are not a health issue at all. It would be foolish for adults with knowledge and experience of sex to feel queasy just by seeing it represented on a screen. I usually don't bring personal information into debates, but on your profile it says you are 14 years old; if this is correct, then you definitely aren't the target audience for movies rated above R. I have no personal misgivings with this, but feeling nauseous would be a pretty normal reaction to X movies from someone your age.

Now, there are some X-rated movies, such as A Serbian Film and 120 Days of Sodom, that are so depraved and disgusting that I get sick to my stomach just thinking about them. But that doesn't matter; films are art, and art cannot be censored just because people don't like it. By the way, all Con talked about in his/her opening argument was the so-called health risks of watching movies past R, while he/she said nothing of banning them, which is the topic we are arguing.