Rejieliniurou
Veoxis

Should there be separate classrooms for boys and girls?

Rejieliniurou

Con

Boys and girls need to interact with each other. It is really hard to have friends that are only girls. TBH.... Most of my friends are boys. We all just hang and play rugby. It is also good because boys can help us through tough times.
Veoxis

Pro

While interaction between sexes is important, if not critical, to a child's development, the constant distraction in school is one which must be dealt with swiftly. Since my opponent has failed to state any rules, topics, or boundaries, I will be basing my debate on the educational point of view.

First Point: Social Aspects

A parent of a bullied child (Girl) Posted on the website "greatschools.org" the following statement: "I feel that the single gender environment has given her a level of confidence and informed interest in math and science that she may not have had otherwise." the site also goes on to say that gender-related stereotypes have been known to become an issue much less then in co-ed schools.
While this may seem unfair to children who are used to being in the same room as their crush, friends of the opposite gender, etc., it is irrelevant, school is not a place for children to socialize, it is a place for them to learn. Children can play and talk with their friends after school with no interruption. This shows, that not only is education not affected, social interaction between children is unaffected as well.

I would like to remind my opponent that personal experiences are not counted as facts. Situations will vary person to person.
The reason I have stated this much information, is due to the opponent not stating rules as to the first argument.
This ends my opening statement, and I await my opponents rebuttal.
Rejieliniurou

Con

Rejieliniurou forfeited this round.
Veoxis

Pro

Due to on forfeiting without reason, I will take this as a surrender. Vote Con.
Rejieliniurou

Con

Rejieliniurou forfeited this round.
Veoxis

Pro

Fail. I meant to say Vote Pro! Vote Pro!
Rejieliniurou

Con

Rejieliniurou forfeited this round.
Veoxis

Pro

Veoxis forfeited this round.
Rejieliniurou

Con

Rejieliniurou forfeited this round.
Veoxis

Pro

Veoxis forfeited this round.
Posted by Veoxis 2 years ago
Veoxis
This should be an interesting topic. I would love to continue this, that is if you would rebut my opening statement...
Posted by PhilTheLawyer 2 years ago
PhilTheLawyer
Your side is way too easy to defend. This is an easy win for you. Try a more interesting debate next time.