livingproog69
Putt-Putt

Should there be strippers?

Putt-Putt

livingproog69

Pro

Strippers help our economy in so many ways because many men will waste thousands of dollars for a sexy dressed women/men to dance for them. Strippers also help take a lot of male virginity. Without strippers we won't have so many beautiful children. So my augment is should there be strippers.
Putt-Putt

Con

Thank you Pro for posting the debate, an interesting topic at the least.

Due to the fact that Pro has not stated whether or not arguments are due in the first round, I assume they are and
I start off with my first argument.

I will use the example provided by Pro in round one where he states "...help our economy in so many ways because many men will waste thousands of dollars..."

The statement made above can be laughable, if not hypocritical. He states that strippers help the economy, yet in the same sentence he also states that men and women alike will blow thousands of dollars for these people to dance for them. This seems counter productive to our economy, as the money spent on strippers could go into something more beneficial, such as groceries for his family, a new television, or a new car. Throwing money on half naked women is not going into the economy,

"Most strip clubs do not pay strippers to dance: It"s the other way around, strippers pay to dance at strip clubs. This is confirmed by Menagerii who said it"s a myth that the dancers are paid by the hour. Strippers pay the club a flat fee per shift to dance. The strippers earn money through tips. Aside from the flat fee they also have to give the club 10 percent of their tips.

How long is a shift? She says usually six hours where she works. Her flat fee or stage fee is $35 to $50. If a girl wants to work double shift she has to pay double the stage fee." [1]

The statement above shows that much of the money made goes straight into the clubs so that they can continue to dance, which then goes to the club owner, who would not spend much to stimulate the economy. He is rich for a reason after all.

I would also like to point out that the table on [2] states strippers make an average of 125,000 per year. Assuming they work a five day week, and there are 52 weeks in a year, so she would make around 2,403.85 a week. if you were to divide this by five, the amount of nights she worked, then you would come out with 480.77 a night. As stated about and in source [1] they have to pay a fee of anywhere from 35 to 50 dollars to dance at a club. For this argument we will go right in the middle at 45 dollars. This leaves the girl with about 435.77 a night. And my next source states that this money is put to use elsewhere.

"One-in-three strippers really are putting themselves through college. It's an old joke that every stripper says she's just doing it to put herself through school. Even the really old one who'd even Gabrielle Carteris would look at and say, 'Yeah, no way she's college age.' A study found that 33 percent are, in fact, telling you the truth: It's college by day, stripping by night." [3]

This means that the 435 are probably going to a college fund, dorms, books, or education. This means it is going into a school system, which is not taxed by the government, therefore keeping money out of the economy.

The argument made in just the first sentence is now debunked, as I hope the voters will realize. Next round I will state an argument as well as issue further rebuttals to the arguments further posed by Pro.

Thank you again for the interesting, and abnormal debate topic. I feel this will not only be fun to debate, but for voters as well.

1. http://www.therichest.com...
2. http://www.statisticbrain.com...
3. http://www.11points.com...
livingproog69

Pro

livingproog69 forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Pro has Forfeited the second round, so I will wait to post any new arguments that I have until I see the rebuttals or arguments made by Pro.
livingproog69

Pro

livingproog69 forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Again pro fails to post his argument and I shall again wait.
livingproog69

Pro

livingproog69 forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Again pro fails to post his argument and I shall wait.
livingproog69

Pro

livingproog69 forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Again round was forfeited, I hope voters can choose who to vote for
Posted by Jacob60rt 3 years ago
Jacob60rt
This is sad that all of the debates that Livingproof has made he forfeited this pathetic and he needs to cut the crap.
Posted by Jacob60rt 3 years ago
Jacob60rt
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
livingproog69Putt-PuttTied
Vote Placed by Projectid 3 years ago
Projectid
livingproog69Putt-PuttTied
Vote Placed by miketheman1200 3 years ago
miketheman1200
livingproog69Putt-PuttTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, If you arent going to debate dont instigate.