misterman56
Rjupudi18

Should there be universal healthcare in the U.S?

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 4 days ago Status: Debating Period

misterman56

Con

1. Acceptance
2. argue your point
3. rebuttals
4. closing arguing point with rebuttals allowed, conclusion required
Rjupudi18

Pro

I accept. Good luck.
misterman56

Con

Universal health care is a terrible idea that should never be tried but unfortunately is seen all over the world. It is a immoral act of stealing from one to give to the other, for example if you take money from my wallet and pay your mdeical bill with it that is called stealing and you'll go to jail for it, but if the government takes my money and gives it to you for your medical bills then it is ok... also it is used by the gun, meaning the government forces you to pay for it without consent and if you don't want to pay the only way is to evade taxes, which then men with guns take you to jail for. it destroys the incentive to become a doctor and with many health care systems you see a low number of doctors who get paid little which creates enormous waiting lines that take about 10 hours for you to get seen by the doctor
https://www.youtube.com... this video gives insight on what I'm talking about for the example being Canadian universal health care. Talking about Canada it is proven by studies that Canadians with terminal illnesses will go to America for health care because they will be most likely screwed in Canada, because of long waiting lines, limited supplies from doctors and medicine and the use of death panels, which the government decides if you illness will be given proper care or if they'll give you painkillers and let you die. http://www.dailykos.com... this article here tells you of death panel statistics.
these are just a few of the reasons why universal healthcare is awful and should never be implemented into the U.S.
Rjupudi18

Pro

Universal health care is not stealing. It is a great system to help those in need. It's a collective cycle that benefits millions of people. You yourself are not paying anyone's $20k hospital bill. It's a collective system which means no one person pays for another person individually.

Taxes and social services are what separate Western governments from those of third world countries. Many countries who don't collect taxes are struggling because they can't run their economy. I know it seems hard to pay taxes for healthcare but it truly pays off. What happened to "do unto others as you would have them do to you"? I'm a Canadian and I'm truly proud of country's healthcare system. My cousin had thyroid last year and she was struggling financially but that didn't stop her from getting a cure. If you were sick and you had no money, would you want to see a doctor or not? Selfish, rich people always feel they will be in a position to support themselves but when disaster strikes, they'll crawl back to the government for help.

There may be large waiting lines as you said but that is far better than dying on the streets. For a person with cancer or other deadly diseases, they will even go to Mt. Everest for a cure. The problem is greater than waiting in line. And if you have the money to get treatment in the United States, go right ahead. But for those less fortunate, they need the government for help.
misterman56

Con

This round is rebutting the arguments made in round one.

"Universal health care is not stealing" my opponent begins with. As I said in my first round, it is stealing because the government is taking my money without my consent and paying someone else's medical bills with it, if you took my money and paid your bills with it, that is legally stealing, so why is it not just because the government is taking my money and you're not?

Now with the statement "It's a collective cycle that benefits millions of people. You yourself are not paying anyone's $20k hospital bill. It's a collective system which means no one person pays for another person individually". you're right on the fact that no one s paying a 20k bill, but benefiting millions, not so much. Lets take a look at Cuba with their universal health care system shall we. https://panampost.com... This article shows the truth and also from facts told by the Ben Shapiro Pod cast http://www.dailywire.com... he tells that if you go the hospital in Cuba, because of their low supply on everything you have to bring your own light bulbs, toilet paper, pillow, bed, etc... Imagine bringing your own stuff to the hospital because they don't have any for you, This is what happens with universal health care systems.

Next With the tax argument I'm not saying that all taxes are bad and yes we need government to tax people for our countries to survive, but paying taxes for a universal health care system is terrible, because you have no consent or choices on what plans to have, the government puts a gun to your head and forces you to pay it, and the government is so inefficient, like the super long waiting lines that take like 10 hours to be seen, and even then you might not be taking care of. another example is with Obamacare my aunt pays her bill, but the government sends another bill saying you still haven't paid yet even though she did pay, not to mention for example French universal health care which is going bankrupt as seen in this article here http://www.bloomberg.com..., overall if the government was a business it would be out of business very quickly if it wasn't for bail outs and forcing people to pay. Also with the sentence "Selfish, rich people always feel they will be in a position to support themselves but when disaster strikes, they'll crawl back to the government for help" First rich people aren't selfish just because they're rich, poor people can be just as selfish so stop acting like all rich people are mean and jerks just because of their bank account. With universal health care rich are the only ones who get good treatment, because they don't use the system, the go under the table or go to a private health care place, and avoid the universal care system all together, which is supported by the truth about universal health care video i sent a link to in my first round.

"There may be large waiting lines as you said but that is far better than dying on the streets" is another line my opponent uses. But in the U.S you have a better chance of surviving terminal illness than in Canada for example with cancer http://www.cancer.org... is the source showing a Localized 99%

Regional 96%

Distant 73% survival rate for a 5 year period after be diagnosed, while in Canada it is 60% which has increased, before it was 53% in a 5 year period shown by the article here:http://www.cancer.ca....

Also with this sentence "But for those less fortunate, they need the government for help". Well you don't need universal healthcare to get government help with health care, in the U.S. we have Medicaid and Medicare, so acting like poor people are screwed in the U.S. when it comes to health care is false.
Posted by FaustThe21st 5 days ago
FaustThe21st
Accepting this challenge is suicide, let me explain. The con could argue that free healthcare makes a blockade, an overflow of patients. This makes healthcare unusable and thus he could make all your arguments null and void.

He will make you look like an idiot in front of a crowd just don't