swagmaster42069
FreedomJosh

Should there only be school for 3 days a week

swagmaster42069

Pro

I personally believe that high school should only be 3 days a week for several reasons.
First of all high school is getting us ready for college right? Well if it is the the average college student only goes for 2-3 day a week. Second teachers don't understand this especially Advanced Placement (AP) teachers. They expect since it is a college class that they should give you college work, and when you have 4 or more AP classes the homework really piles up. It is extremely stressful to the student and causes mental strain. Most night an AP student will stay up to around 12 and have to get up at 6 or 7. This is not an adequate amount of sleep.
Third. If the student does extra curricular activities like a sport or some club that means that the amount of time to do homework is even less and that they have to stay up later and lose even more sleep.
FreedomJosh

Con

I'm arguing that 5 school days a week helps prepare students for work college. Most jobs require employees to work 6 days a week, plus school provides a safe place for kids who's parents have to work.
Most AP students stay around to around 12, or is that just you. Most students go to bed between 8-10pm, most school days end at 3pm that means they have plenty of time to get work done. I'm in middle school and I even think that 5 days of school a week is proper, and I have extracurriculars such as golf and boy scout, and I can find time to get my work done and get to bed on time, and have free time.
Maybe you just need to go to bed earlier, and ask teachers for help, and if your school has an afterschool program just go to that.
swagmaster42069

Pro

swagmaster42069 forfeited this round.
FreedomJosh

Con

FreedomJosh forfeited this round.
swagmaster42069

Pro

swagmaster42069 forfeited this round.
FreedomJosh

Con

FreedomJosh forfeited this round.
swagmaster42069

Pro

swagmaster42069 forfeited this round.
FreedomJosh

Con

FreedomJosh forfeited this round.
swagmaster42069

Pro

swagmaster42069 forfeited this round.
FreedomJosh

Con

FreedomJosh forfeited this round.
Posted by UnadoptedZANe 2 years ago
UnadoptedZANe
I Would suggest that school is 4 days a week, this in my opinion is much more reasonable than only going 3 days a week for the whole year. Not disagreeing with the idea of 4 days off, but if it were only 3 days why not make the other two days like a study hall kind of day. you will still be able to ask a teacher for help and have your resources all in one place. You could also suggest the idea that it is open, meaning that you show up for how ever long you need to and leave on your own time. I had tutoring classes that were set up like this and i was able to do most of my work. I am a Junior and i should know what its like to have work pile up with those restless nights of staying up.