mikilove
standoutbeth

Should there really be school uniforms?

mikilove

Pro

I have heard that school uniforms have pros and cons,
Which one should I choose?
standoutbeth

Con

I personally believe that uniforms shouldn't be allowed within education. I adopt this way of thinking for many reasons. The first being, that uniforms chosen by the management within schools takes away our freedom of expression. By everyone wearing the same, individuals are no longer independent to choose what they want to wear or express who they are through their appearances. Many schools who adopt a school uniform policy also ban other accessories such as piercings and jewellery due to them being "a distraction to learning." I personally do not believe that this is true at all. A bracelet will not distract me from learning. As a sixth former, I am able to choose my own clothes everyday and I believe that I can truly express who I am and others can too. I can wear my nose piercing, and have my tattoo and I feel myself. I would not feel the same if I was back to wearing the boring black uniform that I was forced to wear as a child.
Who are schools to say that we aren't able to wear what we want, and have piercings? I personally feel that they are telling me what to be like, and who they would prefer me to be. How is that fair? We should be able to be free to be who we are.
These uniforms are, as a result, encouraging conformity. This will mean that children will not be exposed to those who may be different to themselves, which may actually encourage bullying. We live in a society where we are forced to conform, when it shouldn't be this way. Uniforms are just encouraging this pressure to conform.
mikilove

Pro

I have heard that school uniforms have pros and cons,Which one should I choose?
standoutbeth

Con

standoutbeth forfeited this round.
mikilove

Pro

mikilove forfeited this round.
standoutbeth

Con

standoutbeth forfeited this round.
Posted by ColeTrain 2 years ago
ColeTrain
Are you insinuating that we should debate you, or give our opinion? For it to be a debate, you must take a side.
Posted by Mr.lemons 2 years ago
Mr.lemons
cons it will be unfair and will be like a prison