shawnmccaul22
EXOPrimal

Should tickets have been removed from Roblox? (Pro=Yes) (Con=No)

EXOPrimal has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/31/2016 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

shawnmccaul22

Pro

Hi opponent. I will be agreeing with the infamous "Removal of TIX" Update in Roblox for financial reasons.
EXOPrimal

Con

I accept his debate. I do not play roblox, but with a google search I learned that tickets are a currency in Roblox that you must pay for. These should not be removed because this is how Roblox get's much of it's funding, without this Roblox would be shut down.
shawnmccaul22

Pro

We have the same opinion, so this really wouldn't be an argument. However, I will state the reason I agree with the removal of TIX. 10 TIX=1 Robux which 1 Robux=1 penny. I am not sure how many people were playing Roblox, but I am sure there were more than 1 million on Roblox before the removal of TIX. 1-million pennies equals $10,000. Add this to the cost of the equipment, workers wage, and Roblox itself for JUST A DAY. It is a good thing that they got rid of TIX, otherwise Roblox would have to worry about bankruptcy.
EXOPrimal

Con

The issue with your argument is that you assume that every ticket is used. Each tix is 17 "Robux" (1). If we do math under the same assumption that there are 1 million active player in one day, and we assume that each player makes 10 tickets a day. that would be 10 million tickets. Divided by 17 makes 588235 Robux makes Roblox "lose" only 5,882.35 dollars. A little more than half of what pro claims. This money does not scar the massive company of Roblox. and there is no chance they would go bankrupt. The value of the domain "Roblox.com" is 826 million dollars(2). The games on Roblox are created by young independent developers, meaning that Roblox does not pay them.

I believe that Roblox should not have removed "tix" because most players are in the elementary school demographic and cannot make their own money. Tix was a way for these young kids to get some of the in game items in Roblox. Roblox's reason on removing tix do not matter, the company simply wanted more money. As I have explained, the company does not lose much money and is already massive.

Roblox's decision to remove will have some negative effects for the player that can afford to pay for "Robux". Because Robux is the only currency, players are now forced to buy them. This leads to more in circulation, which leads to inflation. INflation means that each Robux is worth less, meaning that people need to buy more to get the same value. Roblox then gets more money. the company wins and the players lose.

Citations
1.http://blog.roblox.com...
2.http://www.worthofweb.com...
shawnmccaul22

Pro

I believe that you have won this.
Posted by shawnmccaul22 1 year ago
shawnmccaul22
Sorry, I misunderstood your first sentence of your arguement.v