Should transgender have the right to use the bathroom of their choice?

mao2198 has forfeited round #3.

Transgender should have the right to use the bathroom of their choice, because if we don't allow them to, then it will be discrimination against the transgender. Most likely if the transgender people are being segregated and discriminated, the results will be committing suicide or feeling depressed. Let's stand up for the right thing to do.

Counter discrimination
My opponent claims that we are discriminating against transgenders for not being able to use the bathroom of their choice, but we are not and the reason for that is because we are putting them where they should be. It"s not discrimination to not allow someone to go to the wrong bathroom since everyone else can"t do it as well. Why is it the wrong bathroom? Because that"s not the sex they were assigned at birth. We can"t just give someone the right to say they are different, therefore they get certain unjust privileges. The reason for me saying that they can"t go into a bathroom just because they claim to be that gender is not only because of the loopholes, but we would be promoting delusion by allowing this.

Counter suicide and depression
If we do allow transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice, we actually may be doing more wrong to them as if they were forced to use the bathroom of their biological sex. If you look at this video you will see how horribly this man gets treated.
Now we can"t just say that because someone feels depressed, that they deserve to be able to do something. People may feel depressed and suicidal that they got life in jail for a horrible crime, but we wouldn"t release them from jail.

By definition delusion is believing in something with evidence to the contrary. This is exactly what transgenders do when someone thinks they can change facts because they don"t like it. A fact is a fact no matter what someone feels about it, or if someone doesn"t believe it. Therefore by encouraging this, we are promoting a society which thinks facts are not facts.

My opponent has a point stating that it is not their original sex, so obviously they can't use the bathroom of the opposite gender, but it is not also wrong. My opponent is saying how wrong it is to let the transgenders use the bathroom of their choice, but is there a stable law that doesn't allow them to do so? It may be forbidden in some states, but it isn't an universal law. Transgenders have rights like any other human beings and they should be also granted the right to use the bathroom of their choice. Being a transgender for some isn't by choice, but they were born with the ability to be a transgender. Are we gonna go against them as well?

"My opponent has a point stating that it is not their original sex, so obviously they can't use the bathroom of the opposite gender, but it is not also wrong. "

My opponent basically says that they shouldn"t be able to use the bathroom opposite of their original sex, therefore proving my resolution. But pro also says it"s wrong because there isn"t a law forbidding someone to use the bathroom not according to their sex, but a law doesn"t determine whether an act is right or wrong. Therefore that statement was meaningless. My points for why it was wrong for transgenders to do so were not from a legal standpoint. Then my opponent says that transgenders have rights just as any other being, but neglects that the statement isn"t true if it causes a disadvantage to society, which I have previously pointed out by discussing how this notion would be promoting delusion, which my opponent ignored. Then my opponent states that for some people being a transgender isn't by choice, but how can someone be born identifying with a different gender identity without having knowledge of gender identity? Unless my opponent can provide evidence that someone is born being a transgender since the BOP is on my opponent for asserting someone can be born as a transgender.

Extend arguments.
Posted by grreeder105 3 months ago
They should have to go to the bathroom of the sex that is on their birth certificate. If they want to kill themselves, then go right ahead. That is just one more person I don't have to deal with.
Posted by KZC 3 months ago
Transgenders shouldn't be allowed into the bathroom of their choice unless it's single-occupancy. Making sure people go to the right bathrooms is not discrimination, it is based on scientific reasons. If you didn't know mao2198, bathrooms are separated by sex not genders. Also, you talk about suicide and depression. You know what, you liberals are hypocrites. You guys support euthanasia, or assisted suicide for anyone who cannot live on due to pain or suffering. Rather than arguing about suicide, you should move towards euthanizing the lives of transgenders, after all, you approve of that. Finally, I just want to say, I think transgenders are being treated terribly . However, transgenders should also know that others are being impacted by their change. I want to leave you, mao2198, a question. Should one life be sacrificed to save countless of others or should countless of others lives be sacrificed o save that one life? You only have two options and you can't save them all. I await your answer.