lol101
Jess.hartley

Should trolls be temporarily banned from Debate.org?

lol101

lol101

Pro

This debate is reserved for Tough. If anyone else accepts, they lose.

I'm for the idea that trolls should be temporarily banned from this site. I will be setting up my own criteria for "temporarily banning" them.

Temporary ban for trolling: 5 days.

Since "troll" is a slang term, we will be using the Urban Dictionary for terms like this.

Troll-"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

Rules: No kritiks
No trolling
Round 1 is Acceptance
Do not get upset
Jess.hartley

Con

Sorry, didn't mean to accept this. I may as well do it now that I have though because there is no going back and I can't reverse the past.
I believe that you need to lighten up. Fun never hurt anyone. If you don't like trollers then don't accept their debates. The world doesn't have to be so serious all the time. I myself agree that they can be annoying sometimes but I mean if you don't like it stop using the website. If you don't like it don't read the debate. If you don't lien it just ignore it. I also agree that it is sad however let people, do what they want, if they get banned then that's their problem let them suffer the consequences. It's good to have a little fun here and there. Lighten up.
lol101

Pro

Don't tell me to lighten up. This is my personal opinion. You are the one who should, as you can't tell me I should tolerate people getting angry with me. No need to be defensive here, it's my opinion.

Trollers can accept our debates too, and it gets annoying.

You have conceded, because you were never supposed to accep.t
Jess.hartley

Con

Meh, I don't feel I have the energy to debate this pointless topic 😂
lol101

Pro

It doesn't matter. You have automatically lost.

Vote Pro.
Jess.hartley

Con

Jess.hartley forfeited this round.
Posted by CaptainMax 2 years ago
CaptainMax
You should begin another topic of this. Some dude ruined it
Posted by Hawlucha 2 years ago
Hawlucha
"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

I disagree with that definition. That fits the seed metaphor to divide and conquer, not necessarily a trolling tactic. Dissent and internal conflict are psychological tactics used to create a rift inside one party. Trolling is just for the sake of personal amusement but lately the art's been besmirched and blocking is far easier than taking the bait.
Posted by ClashnBoom 2 years ago
ClashnBoom
1. You *can* challenge someone to debate. 2. Trolls *do* get banned by Airmax1227 for a week or more dependent on the damage. Just ask Airmax to ban them and ask Imabench cause his been banned alot 3. You should've chosen Imabench cause he will officially stop debating after a few more debates.
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
You should've just challenged Tough if that's the only person you want to debate.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
Yes.
Posted by Tough 2 years ago
Tough
do i even get to debate
Posted by TubOLard 2 years ago
TubOLard
I love the hall monitor types who try to control everything on a dime-a-dozen forum. They are often the same neighbors and citizens who rat you out for petty civil code violations.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
List of people who asked:
gokuFNAF2 (closed)
Tough
imabench

I'm going to give this to Tough.
Posted by sean_lasallian 2 years ago
sean_lasallian
yes
Posted by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
As the top troll of the site and storied debater I would like to request this debate
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
lol101Jess.hartleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con loses by default.