Michaelc28
BobTheRocket2

Should trumps executive order on immigration be removed?

Michaelc28 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Michaelc28

Pro

I believe it should be removed since it goes against the belief of freedom in the u.s. no matter what side you are on, the left or right wing, it is always apart of America to have its freedoms, and people who legally have their green cards being detained and refugees being kicked out is unconstitutional, the statue of liberty says : "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" If this represents America why are we tarnishing its name, Trump believes it is stopping terrorism but in reality these countries have no acts of terror on the U.S whatsoever. why are we kicking out the people that we swore to take care of.
BobTheRocket2

Con

We are not sworn to take care of them. They are refugees, not citizens. The reasoning behind this ban is that refugees from Syria and other countries are decently likely to declare loyalty to ISIS, and then commit an act of terror. Donald Trump is just doing this so that we can set up extra security measures. Then ban is temporary; once it is all set up., he will let them in. He is doing this to protect the American citizens first. When the refugees become citizens, they will also be under protection. Remember, the responsibility of a leader is to take care of the people in his country first.