dp-debater
Tommy.leadbetter

Should video game time be limited?

Started: 9/25/2015 Category: Games

dp-debater

Con

Hi. This is my first debate here, and I want to talk about video games here.

I think video game time should be limited.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Video game time should not be limited.

Presumably we are talking about laws, not one person over another. The reason why it should not be limited is because its wrong to force people to do things. Force should only be used when the freedom or safety of others are in direct threat, and this force is only to protect the fundamental law that nobody should force upon another. So the upmost factor of our free and safe world is that one cannot force upon another.

Why then, should be break this fundamental law over video games, even when nobody is in direct jeopardy of losing safety or freedom?

I understand my opponents motive and concern, and its an admirable one. Playing video games can serve as an escape from life, something that is attractive to some people. The breakdown of community and the nature of the media, along with many other factors, has encouraged this mindset in many people. There are many escapes; drugs, sex and food just to name the most common. The point is, this addiction should be dealt with reforming social structures such as education and perhaps a more sensible media, I don't know the exact answer but I do know that forcing people is the wrong way to go about it.

Forcing people is morally wrong as Iv described, and also it does not stop the problem as the war on drugs has demonstrated. People have a right to take charge of their own lives and learn from their mistakes.

This would be very difficult to enforce also.
dp-debater

Con

dp-debater forfeited this round.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

I extend my argument.
dp-debater

Con

dp-debater forfeited this round.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Tommy.leadbetter forfeited this round.
Posted by Rahjee 2 years ago
Rahjee
Why does this debate even exist??
Posted by dp-debater 2 years ago
dp-debater
Yeah, I think I made a mistake.
Posted by TheDebater_101 2 years ago
TheDebater_101
You're con, you're supposed to argue the opposite
Posted by ThetaSig 2 years ago
ThetaSig
Yeah. Just how limited are you saying?
Posted by debatemaster163 2 years ago
debatemaster163
I will accept this debate, only if you make it more specific. How should it be limited? 30 minutes a day? 1 hour a week?