onyx930
ryanbriggs04

Should video games be considerd a sport?

Started: 11/6/2015 Category: Games

onyx930

Pro

I believe that video games should be considered a sport. Because of the mental and strategical challenges it proposes to the player. I am doing this for a school project and would like some of the arguments used on the opposing side to use in my paper, if anyone should be obliged to take this debate I would be greatly appreciative.
ryanbriggs04

Con

Why should video games become a sport?! Thats the ridicilous thing I ever heard! A lot of kids get too wrapped up into video games and it changes their attitude. They don't want to do chores, do homework, they don't want to do anything but sit around and play video games. Now if you are talking about gaming like gamers on youtube then thats a whole dofferent story.
onyx930

Pro

onyx930 forfeited this round.
ryanbriggs04

Con

ryanbriggs04 forfeited this round.
onyx930

Pro

onyx930 forfeited this round.
ryanbriggs04

Con

ryanbriggs04 forfeited this round.
Posted by klinestife 1 year ago
klinestife
this is ridiculous. yes, it is a sport.

like most sports, it has casual players.

colleges are offering scholarships based on gaming achievements and gamers are also playing for a million dollar prize pool, with gaming teams being sponsored by big companies. does that remind anyone of...hmmm...sports teams?

so yes, it is a sport. suck it up, get with the times.
Posted by IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney 1 year ago
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
Yeah I agree with the con person, video games are too addicting. You sit at home all day playing these video games, you become depressed, lazy, usually eat crap.

If you were addicted to sports that require you move around/physical activity that's fine. Physical sports are anti depressants, healthy for you. It's the health benefits. I just could never call video games a sport. Playing call of duty a sport? lol.
Posted by aulover79 1 year ago
aulover79
HEy onyx930, check out my debate that talks about a similar thing if you need help