ther96
datGUUYY

Should video games be implemented in school curricula?

ther96

Pro

For a school project, I am writing an argumentative essay arguing for video games to be implemented into early childhood education. Naturally, video games promote play which is the best way for children to learn. Not only this, but they can also be designed to fit the curricula in which they are needed for that class. Environments for children to interact with and play together while at the same time learning about the real world can be done, but should it be done?
datGUUYY

Con

Well, I will admit that, as a gamer, I do agree that video games have some benefit in certain areas. Naturally, education is one of them, as your brain is one of the biggest muscles you flex in gaming. The question of whether or not schools should be able to use games as a form of education, though, is a different thing entirely. It costs money to buy consoles or games, and the question then becomes "does it pay off?". I don't believe, at least in the modern era, that it does. I will be glad to argue this against you. Based on your previous statements, I would almost guess that you're just going here to type your essay? I'm fine with that, but notice that I will make counterarguments, and try to win this debate. If you are going to listen to my counterarguments, that may make your essay stronger, at least if you acknowledge them. If this first round, in which you typed your intro paragraph, counts as acceptance, than I accept.
ther96

Pro

ther96 forfeited this round.
datGUUYY

Con

datGUUYY forfeited this round.
ther96

Pro

ther96 forfeited this round.
datGUUYY

Con

datGUUYY forfeited this round.
Posted by MadisonReneN 11 months ago
MadisonReneN
This would be an interesting debate to read, but a hard one to argue against.