Redman2234
HomelySherlock

Should violent video games be banned

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point
Started: 4/17/2015 Category: Games

Redman2234

Con

Now I shall start round 1 by saying good luck to my fellow voter and i hope that you will have fun in these next rounds as i will
HomelySherlock

Pro

Good luck to you as well.

First, I need to ask you to expand on the topic. By "banned", do you mean restricted to children underage (as decided by somebody besides the child and his/her parents) or literally completely forbidden to everyone? I have different views for both arguments, so I need to know which we are debating.
Redman2234

Con

Redman2234 forfeited this round.
HomelySherlock

Pro

I can't debate 'till you answer that question.
Redman2234

Con

I am sorry I was busy with school and could not answer to you in time what I meant by they should be banned I mean they should be banned for little kids and pre teens to play. I hope that answers your question and I pass the first actual round of debating for you and again I am sorry could not post round two argument
HomelySherlock

Pro

It's alright, I understand the late response.

Violent video games should absolutely be banned. Not only is the concept in some cases disturbing, certainly for someone twelve years of age or younger, this may promote violent tendencies and use of swearing. Swearing is is vulgar and shouldn't be shown to such young children.
Redman2234

Con

Well in most cases where the kid that did the crime and violent videos games are addressed the kid is normally is mentally unstable plus by banning them it is getting rid of the one way a kid can safely vent out anger. Now should battlefield and call of duty be banned? yes but I think that there a great violent videos games that allow a kid to take there anger out of I mean going back to my the kid doing the crime is Normally unstable I mean I have played many a gta games but it has never made me want to murder someone or steal cars or do anything I do in it. Like the game hatred that is coming out it is just you blowing stuff up and murdering people I mean I think a kid (Not like 9 or 8 or something like that that is to young) could benefit from by having a great venting thing plus the violence in games like hatred a kid knows when they get to like 3erd grade so it is not like they won't know it when there young. And when they turn into adults they will learn about violence anyways So why not in a safe environment of his own home and not on the street where he is getting mugged.
HomelySherlock

Pro

HomelySherlock forfeited this round.