Should violent video games, movies and musics must be banned anywhere in the world?

Why kids play games with such violence and gore, playing to music with many profanities, drug content and violence and movies with non-stop violent contents. After that, kids kill any people they've see.

I accept sir/madame.

Violence is everywhere. Playing games, listening to music and watching movies with some contents that are very distasteful can corrupt kid's brain and he was hypnotized to kill anyone.

My opponent has not given any evidence whatsoever, and is my opponent is giving a blind assumption based on his/her's statement. However, due to the fact that my opponent is new to this site, (and this is his/her's first debate) I request to voters not to penalize my opponent on previous rounds.

My case:

I. "Violent" Video games DO NOT cause violence.
Researchers found no association between the playing of violent video games and subsequent increased delinquent criminality or bullying in children with either clinically elevated depressive or attention deficit symptoms. The idea that violent video games cause more aggressive behavior, is simply false. There may be violent behavior already in the child's environment, that cause the child to play the games, but there is NO association between violent games.

II. Freedom of speech
Artists should (and have) the right to express their emotions through words, and song. There should be no law interfering with basic human rights. If profanity is present in the song, the audience have the CHOICE not to listen to the song. No one is forcing anyone. There is no reason to ban music with profanity.

III. Parent's care, and decision
In the end, children belong to their parents. The parents have the ability to expose their child into certain music or video games. If violence is associated with music or games (of which it is not), the parents have ability to control their child's environment. (Can only listen to some type of music, and parents don't buy video games for children).There is NO reason why other people suffer due to bad parenting. After all, it is the parent's responsibility, NOT the company's.

IV. If adults show violence (of which they don't) it is the law's problem.
If adults show any violence (of which they don't), then the matter is in the court's hand. There should be no reason why other people who enjoy the music, or game be forced not to listen or play just because someone shows violence because of video games or music. (Of which they don't).

On to Pro

Something's weird.

I. The parental advisory sticker in any CD's does not working, kids still listening to Eminem and rappers that are swearing.

II. Games contain violence can corrupt a kid's brain.

III. Also some Disney movies have subliminal messages, they don't know.

Thanks for the reply pro.

"The parental advisory sticker in any CD's does not working, kids still listening to Eminem and rappers that are swearing."
My opponent shows no evidence regarding that statement, and it is up to the parents to decide what they want their kids to hear.

" Games contain violence can corrupt a kid's brain."

Games contain violence? Yes, some. However, the idea that it can corrupt a child's brain has no backup evidences, and it has been shown it DOES not impact a child's behavior.

" Also some Disney movies have subliminal messages, they don't know."

Again, no evidence provided by my opponent and my opponent does not show any movie that have subliminal messages.

anti-iTunes forfeited this round.

I have no argument to present.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
I remember my first debate; it was just a mock debate and I screwed that up on purpose. Same with my second debate (kind of). From then on, I have improved so much more. I suggest Pro using more logic and reasoning than false assumptions, flawed logical thinking, vague/weak arguments, as well as actually providing evidence including sources, statistics, equations, and theories to back up arguments.
Vote Placed by Mister_Man 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro brought up alright points, but were easily disputed by Con. Con also had the only source and didn't forfeit any rounds, unlike Pro. Commondebator easily takes this one.