Blueberry6
Castaway

Should we all become vegan ?

Blueberry6 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 12/12/2016 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Blueberry6

Con

People have been saying lately that everyone should become vegan because animals are getting hurt. But most animals eat other animals, so they say that other animals can eat meat but not humans. Of course there are more humans than most species but soon there would be more animals because we are not eating them. Soon the world would overpopulate with animals and the animals would eat all of the fruits and vegetables. Then humans would starve to death and become extinct. Just because they hate seeing animals dying doesn't mean they can stop it. The animals could die anyways from sickness. Speaking of that if animals overpopulate we could have no plants to give us medicine so we can get sick and die. Some people dont like eating me or are allergic to it so they'll die quickly to. Also riots would start because people don't want to eat meat. If we got forced to become vegan people would disobey that. Then what trial are you gonna give for that. If you want to become vegan worry about you.
Castaway

Pro

First, I'd like to thank my opponent for creating this debate and wish them the best of luck.

To begin, I'd like to refute a few of my points. First, animals do eat other animals, that's true. But animals aren't intelligent enough to have morality. Animals eat babies. Animals rape. Animals are not the standard for morality.

Becoming vegan wouldn't mean that the world would overpopulate with animals. Mass human breeding programs are actually the cause for the majority of the meat we consume, so if we became vegan, we'd actually cut down on the amount of animals.

No one's allergic to everything but meat, so that wouldn't happen.

I doubt there would be riots if this was made a gradual change.

Reasons we should become vegan are numerous. Veganism is healthy as shown in Source 1, so we'd be improving people's lives and lifespan and reduce the burden on the healthcare system from heart disease, the leading cause of death in the USA.

1: http://time.com...
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
God, 1000 characters is not a lot to work with.