lewis25
Dr_Evi1

Should we allow bearing arms?

lewis25

Pro

Gun control is becoming a rising issue in this society. U.S. is one of the famous countries that allows bearing arms. The most major reason why tourists avoid U.S. is because of gun control. Sandyhook Elementary School shooting is one of the famous cases. Currently, many bloody gunfights are taking place in U.S. However, arms are in case for protecting yourself.
Also, banning arms would not make a major difference.
I believe that U.S. government should allow bearing arms.

Rules

Basic Rules
-NO FORFEITING
-NO CURSE WORDS
-POIs are available on comments

Rules on Rounds
Round 1
-Introducing Statement
Round 2
-Arguments(No limit of number)
Round 3
-Rebuttal 1(Rebuttals for the previous round)
Round 4
-Rebuttal 2(Rebuttals for the previous round)
Round 5
-Concluding Statement&Main Rebuttal

Good Luck!
Dr_Evi1

Con

Thanks for the opportunity to debate something i feel strongly about for my first debate on this site. (don't go easy on me i want a challenge).
I will oppose the motion that the USA should allow guns to be bought and sold. Gun violence and crime is indeed a huge problem in the U.S. and swift action should be taken to avoid more needless deaths.
I believe that the U.S. should restrict the use of all guns.
lewis25

Pro

lewis25 forfeited this round.
Dr_Evi1

Con

Well seeing as you broke your first basic rule, we can easily see the direction of this debate. Firstly we can see the huge difference between countries with and without gun control. Here in the UK we have maybe 1 mass shooting per year while in the US there are 250 mass shootings per year (mas shooting is where 3 or more people die). There is also very little regulatiion on who can have guns in the US. No background checks, people can buy weapons in WalMart for christ sake. Here in England you can own a gun but you must possess a licence and hold reasonable defene for having one, surely this is a better system. Now you may say, well the bad guys will have guns so why cant i have one? But if the majority of guns are removed from the reach of the general public it stands to reason that the overall muder rate will go down.
lewis25

Pro

Sorry for forfeiting the Round 2 and breaking the first basic rule by myself. As a result, I will post the Round 2&3 arguments.

First, banning arms is not doing their role for citizen protection. For an example of homicide rates before and after a ban, take the case of the handgun ban in England and Wales in January 1997 . After the ban, clearly homicide rates bounce around over time, but there is only one year (2010) where the homicide rate is lower than it was in 1996. Firearm homicide rate had almost doubled between 1996 and 2002. The homicide and firearm homicide rates only began falling when there was a large increase in the number of police officers during 2003 and 2004. Despite the huge increase in the number of police, the murder rate still remained slightly higher than the immediate pre-ban rate.

Second, when people bear guns, they will not easily shoot each other. To prove this logic, I will give an example. A robber attacked the bank to earn money illegally. Also, the robber has a gun in use for a weapon. However, the bank worker also has a gun. Therefore, the robber is psychologically pressured and feared by that bank worker.

Finally, according to The Second Amendment To the U.S. Constitution, it says that 'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' US also agreed that citizens have the right to bear their arms for self-protection.

Now Round 3, I mean the rebuttal

Con speaker said that US there are 250 mass shooting, and UK there are 1 mass shotting per year. However, when we look at the rate of homicide, UK before the ban had higher homicide rate than UK after the ban as I early mentioned.

Waiting for your Round 3
Dr_Evi1

Con

Dr_Evi1 forfeited this round.
lewis25

Pro

lewis25 forfeited this round.
Dr_Evi1

Con

Dr_Evi1 forfeited this round.
lewis25

Pro

lewis25 forfeited this round.
Dr_Evi1

Con

Dr_Evi1 forfeited this round.
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
Dear Judges who will judge our debate. I'd like to say the reason why our debate had many forfeit in last 3 rounds.(3,4,5) Debate.org system had a problem so we were impossible to post an argument. Therefore, we had to forfeit. Sorry to the judges....
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
Con speaker, if it is not an excuse, how about changing the debate topic to

'Should US not ban guns?'
Posted by Dr_Evi1 1 year ago
Dr_Evi1
Ah sorry for getting anoyed about your forfit, i didnt read the comments before i posted my argument
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
Dear my opposition speaker, sorry for forfeiting the Round 2. I was busy in the meantime so I could not pos t my arguments. Sorry again, and on Round 3 I will post my arguments and do a rebuttal.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
I so badly want to argue that we need arms, and that nobody should have to be crippled because they lost an arm